Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Asr5 aluminum or asr5c?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

I will be able to purchase xx1 the same time if i get the alu…. But i like carbon because i havent had a carbon bike and wants to know what the fuss is it all about. ..but might need to wait a little bit more to save up for xx1 .

bails

ASR5C and X01?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Why not xx1 ..it kinda look better imo

tonyd

Get the carbon if you can afford it. I’ve an alu and it’s lovely but if I had the cash it would be carbon. Ride it more, wear out the drivetrain and upgrade it when you have a bit more money to spend. It’s less likely you’ll get round to upgrading the frame.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Im just getting the frame, got full xt groupset 1×10 n/w chainring from other bike… But fancy and want to find out what xx1 is all about.. Are you running yours 120mm?

campfreddie
    Free Member

I switched from a 120mm fox to a 140mm fox on mine.

With the 140mm it was more ‘trail centre friendly’ although not so great on really steep climbs. With the 120mm it was good across the board.

Great frames.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Get the carbon, XX1 or X01 will be a luxury, but it won’t make as much difference to your ride as a lighter, stiffer frame, which you could potentially keep for a long time if you like it, long after you’ve smashed off your mech, replaced the cassette, chain, chainrings, and are left with nothing much.

I’d get the carbon, spend the money saved on a decent short cage mech, a narrow/wide ring and whatever else your budget stretches to.

tonyd

I have 120mm on mine and think it works very well, but my reason for getting the ASR5 was to go from a 140mm FS and HT to one ‘do-it-all’ bike. It’s spot on for my local riding, not tried it at trail centres yet (well, Swinley is my local riding but that doesn’t count) but think it’ll be fine on most stuff other than full on DH.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Yeah i think 120mm is spot on.. I think i will just have to wait for the 42t cog train to hit the market.. So i can stay with shimano… Xx1 just looks very pretty and gave me sleepless nights. Carbon it is.. Cheers guys.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Asr5 aluminum or asr5c?’ is closed to new replies.