Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Are you or do you know of a 6ft plus, 38 inch waisted cyclist?
  • monksie
    Free Member

Who could use a random act of kindness via a pair of free, very nice (rrp £100) bib shorts?
    I’ve advertised them in the classifieds a few times and now I’m sick of looking at them. They were won by me at work. A long and boring story but basically the prize was £100 to be spent on the winners behalf by colleagues. They bought these but they’re massively too big for me.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-endura-fs260-pro-sl-bib-shorts-brand-new-1?replies=2#post-6945600
    Free if you can collect (Stockport/Manchester/Peaks) or £5 to cover postage.
    Donation to this website or to a charity of your choice if you like but that’s only if you want to.
    Email in profile.

robdob
    Free Member

I know someone who could really use these, email sent.

renton
    Free Member

I will take them if not already gone !

monksie
    Free Member

Sorry to all who missed out. Claimed by Robdob and going in the post in the next 30 minutes.

robdob
    Free Member

Monksie – any chance of a reply to my emails?

renton
    Free Member

Well contrary to the above these were promised to me as the OP said he couldn’t get hold of robdob.

I offered to pay postage but the OP said dont worry about postage and he will get them in the post.

I emailed a few times and was told they went in the post Monday.

They haven’t turned up and fearing they had been lost in the post Ive emailed monksie a few times just to see what the score was … no reply.

I was looking on ebay earlier and found a pair the same. not wanting to jump to massive conclusions but it seems strange there is someone else from stockport selling the same bibs in the same size as an unwanted gift.

Fair enough they were being donated but if you change your mind just tell people.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Flame him

cynic-al
    Free Member

Puts on kettle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Warms up pitchfork.

renton
    Free Member

No dont flame him. As I said I may be jumping to conclusions and after all he was giving them away on here.

I did pester him by email a bit so he may of just got peed off with me too !

Hopefully the OP will reply to let us all know whats going on as it would be a shame if they are lost in the post.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think you already did Renton.

renton
    Free Member

🙁

Not my intention.

I am concerned that the shorts have been lost in the post that’s all?

But then I spot those others on ebay…. like I said I may be jumping to massive conclusions so would like to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

robdob
    Free Member

Monksie emailed me straight away asking for postage payment as a bank transfer. I replied pretty quickly said I would prefer PayPal as I had credit in there but I didn’t get an answer, or to a follow up email sent after Renton contacted me. No idea what’s going on. Good job I didn’t tell the person I was getting them for that they were going to be his!

renton
    Free Member

Mmmmmm

Xylene
    Free Member

bigyinn
    Free Member

Strange, seeing as he’s been posting on here since the initial offer was made.

kcal

just my tuppence worth — cut the guy some slack, I know monksie and can be a bit haphazard at times, I think he was off doing some long ride around that time too — just saying. Nothing sinister going on anyway, I’m sure 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Most of my emails since his last one about posting them have gone unanswered this week even though he has been on here.

As I said its up to the op to do what he likes with the shorts.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ If I was the OP, and I read this thread, having had a busy weekend riding and having fun, I would probably poo in the bibs, before sending them to you.

renton
    Free Member

Oh why is that quirral?

robdob
    Free Member

I don’t really care in the end but I just thought it was all a bit odd.

renton
    Free Member

Kcal… The chap has been posting on here in between now and posting the shorts out yet hasn’t been replying to robdob or myself ?

IHN

If anyone’s accusing Monksie of malicious wrongdpoing, they really couldn’t be further from the mark.

Sounds like communication eff-up rather than anything else.

DezB
    Free Member

malicious wrongdpooing

? 😆

IHN

they really couldn’t be further from the skid mark

😉

renton
    Free Member

I’m not accusing him of anything.

I’m concerned that the shorts he has said he posted a week ago now haven’t arrived and maybe lost in the post.

Howver it does seem incredibly strange there is an identical pair in the same size in the same location as monksie for sale on eBay.

If he would reply to emails or maybe respond on here we may get the full story ?

monksie
    Free Member

You **** what?
    Have you got me on your blocked senders list? I have replied to every single (and God knows how many) email(s) you have sent!
    I gave my daughter £5 and the parcel to post and £5 for sending it (she does nothing for free) so that’s cost me £10. Sadly, I didn’t know she hadn’t bothered herself to actually post it for quite a few days but in the meantime, your endless questions regarding a brand new £100 pair of bib shorts that I was sending you for FREE was getting very tedious! Some of them were reading as almost demands!
    Before I discovered them unsent I was wishing I’d never bothered trying to do a kind thing.
    When I did discover them unsent, I emailed you to tell you what I was doing (with an apology but I’d seen my arse by this point), stuck them on Ebay, sold them, have paypal’ed the money to St. Anns Hospice and then had this bollocks pointed out to me! We’re done fella. Never again.
    I should have known this was a bad idea when I emailed you at the very beginning to say that if RobBob didn’t get a shift on and reply with £5 postage (this was the Saturday and I said I’d give him until last thing Sunday night) you could have them. To which you replied you’d send me £5 straight away if it “influenced your decision”….hardly in the spirit of the offer but I thought I’d let it slide.
    I think we’re done, fella.
    You try to do a nice thing…….
    RobBob. I said as you were first to claim them, I’d post them within 30 mins (I was just on my way to the post office anyway) if you’d be so kind as to send me the £5 for postage and your address. No reply until mid week. I wanted rid. Sorry, you missed out.
    With that, I would advise never trying to do a random kind thing on here and say thanks to the guys who have vouched for me. All this for trying to GIVE AWAY some expensive, brand new cycle shorts. Cheeky ****! Never again…..

scaredypants

so, did you poo in them ?

njee20
    Free Member

Seems a bit odd that neither person got any of your ‘many’ emails.

Pitchfork not entirely put away yet…

monksie
    Free Member

Try again. I didn’t send ‘many’ emails to ‘either’ of them. It’s all up there. The whole unfortunate chain of events. Just Renton although God knows I got ‘many’ from him. “Pitch forks”? For a free gift? Really?
    Never mind. Carry on without me.

taxi25
    Free Member

No such thing as a free lunch. But honestly monksie don’t give anything away for free, especially if you can’t deliver, it only causes bad feelings.

njee20
    Free Member

Try again. I didn’t send ‘many’ emails to ‘either’ of them.

Eh?

I have replied to every single (and God knows how many) email(s) you have sent!

I’m obviously joking with pitchfork remarks and what not. But the whole sequence of events is peculiar! Starting with a £100 present in entirely the wrong size!

monksie
    Free Member

Xylene
    Free Member

Seeing as you now have Rentons address, possibly a poo in the post would ease your irritation with him.

rene59
    Free Member

MOAR!

robdob
    Free Member

RobBob. I said as you were first to claim them, I’d post them within 30 mins (I was just on my way to the post office anyway) if you’d be so kind as to send me the £5 for postage and your address. No reply until mid week. I wanted rid. Sorry, you missed out.

Firstly I wasn’t very well so didn’t reply immediately, but it wasn’t midweek, it was Monday. So don’t start telling people lies. At least I have learnt not to buy or sell anything from you in the future. You could have least have the courtesy to tell me I wasn’t getting them rather than just ignore my emails.

renton
    Free Member

Ive not had any emails from you since tuesday when you said they had been posted monday?

Infact balls to this Im not the bad guy here.

Just checking on ebay and it seems you listed them on the sunday befotre the tuesday that you replied to my email saying you had posted them out on the monday.

How do you explain that then buddy.

Im quite happy to post up the email thread to prove Ive not had any emails from you since tuesday.

convert

Weirdest. Thread. Ever.

renton
    Free Member

Isnt it just.

Im not having someone try and discredit me over this.

I will admit to sending a few emails yes but thats only because I was not sure if mine were getting through as monksie was quite quick to reply at the start.

I would like monskie to explain how they appeared on ebay before he supposedly sent them out to me??

kingofthemonkeys
    Free Member

Having read this it does appear believably bizarre .. all quite bonkers !! but at the end of the day why moan when getting something for free ? well perhaps when it may turn up if I could sell it in advance on ebay .. with out being caught!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Are you or do you know of a 6ft plus, 38 inch waisted cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.