Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Are we ready for the 3 peaks cross then?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Last night was my last real ride /carry up steps before the peaks .Are we all fit and ready to go, 8 days and counting!!

boxelder

No

aP
    Free Member

err… not really, apart from having had a really bad cold last week, having worked from 9.30am on Tuesday until 6pm Wednesday without going home and then having a badly infected toe go septic on Thursday its going pretty much as expected.

Rorschach
    Free Member

no.

meadowedge
    Free Member

It's another no here! Resigned myself to just trying to enjoy it this year!

MrSparkle

No. Back's gone. :0(

aviemoron
    Free Member

Ready as I'll ever be….

crazy-legs

I stripped and rebuilt the CX last week, went for a final off-road ride on it today. Will clean it all again tomorrow and put the survival bag on it as shoulder padding then it'll be good to go.
    Track session tomorrow night and that'll be the last of my hard cycling this week – couple of easy rides to work then I might do a gentle pootle round the road on Saturday from Helwith Bridge to Cold Cotes > Ingleton > Ribblehead > Horton > Helwith. See what the weather is doing and how I feel.

I've got a nasty feeling that the weather next Sunday is going to be dire. 🙁 We're due a wet race.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nope. You might of read the saga of the 400Kg pallet of paper falling on my head. Still suffering headaches and back pain.
    Trying a 100Km very steady road Sunday to see how I am. Other than that yes.

postierich
    Free Member

quick question which 3 peaks are in the race!

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

is there a good place to watch the event, were thinking of cycling over to view it?

Edric64
    Free Member

postie rich.its Ingleborough,Whernside,and Penyghent

Edric64
    Free Member

View at Ribblehead viaduct then ride down to Horton to see the fast guys come off Penyghent

boxelder

I stripped and rebuilt the CX last week

Did you not even wear an apron? Oooooooh, reminds me of an old pirelli calendar I found once………

terrahawk
    Free Member

for some reason I'm quite looking forward to a wet and grim race this time. Dunno why. Might have something to do with my front disc brake 😉

boxelder

I've got them front and back – strangely 35mm semi slicks don't hold on grass/mud too well.

roger-m
    Free Member

boxelder, last time I rode I used 25mm full slick, no problem. The few descents on grass are linear, climbing on grass is with the bike on your back, the rest is on hardpack where friction matters (not mechanical grip).

Have a nice ride everyone, I'm ready for watching, but not if it's a wet race, need to stay warm and dry, important race for me the following week.

oldgit
    Free Member

Had a steady 100K test ride, and last weeks concussion seems to have worn off. Got one other major issue that might prevent me from going other than that I’m ready.

boxelder

The few descents on grass are linear

Yeah, it’s the speed you reach by the bottom that worries me. I’m a CX mincer.

oldgit
    Free Member

ap everything is ready to go, but it still hangs in the balance as to me going.
    Have you made arrangements to stay anywhere?

crazy-legs

I’m hoping that I’m wrong and that the weather might actually hold out…

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=bd24%200eh&day=3

My energy drink arrived today thanks to Wiggle. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Are we ready for the 3 peaks cross then?’ is closed to new replies.