Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Are the gypsies still at Lee Quarry?
  • Steveo

?

snowslave

They were on Sat

LapSteel
    Free Member

Yes still there

Steveo

Thanks

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I always thought somebody should start selling stuff up there but I was thinking more of a coffee shop / bike shop and not clothes pegs and lucky heather .

allthepies
    Free Member

Get up there quick and embrace the opportunity to meet some of these traditional Romany people. Strike up conversation with them and perhaps they'll treat you to tales of life on the road or even entertain you with a ballad passed down through the generations.

JEngledow
    Free Member

…or you might be able to buy a dag!

Junkyard
    Free Member

going tomorrow will pass on your love

postierich
    Free Member

Should be ok for some dodgy tarmacing on the new trails!

taka
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Get up there quick and embrace the opportunity to meet some of these traditional Romany people. Strike up conversation with them and perhaps they'll treat you to tales of life on the road or even entertain you with a ballad passed down through the generations.

or robbed…

dickydutch

or you might ride your bike through human shit, a smashed up bath, a couple of saucepans and a load of dog shit too?

stumpyjon

TBH when I went up last week they weren't really causing any issues, site looked fairly clean and tidy. The only dodgy thing was the music, Wham at full volume 😯

Things may have deteriorated since then though (and I rode there so was worried about leaving a car). I got more abuse in the quarry when I politely suggested to one of the local scrotes walking on a bike trail wasn't a great idea. He was obviously a bit hard of thinking cause it took him 15 minutes to think of something to say (he doubled back round to catch me at the top of the first climb). It wasn't really worth the wait, something about keeping my opinions to myself and being a ******g out of towner which was a bit rich seeing as I live on the outskirts of Bacup. Don't think he was in the mood for a reasoned discussion though so I rode off and went to play on the new descent lines.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks stumpyjon, that's just reminded me why I moved away from Rossendale at 18 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Are the gypsies still at Lee Quarry?’ is closed to new replies.