Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Are McVities short changing us?
  • 40mpg

Just settled down to a nice cup of tea and a few biccies (McVities digestives and McVities chocolate digestives). To limit the spread of crumbs on my desk, I neatly stacked my selection of said circular energy foods next to my cup.

Imagine my horror as I realised the choccy ones are significantly smaller than the plain ones, yet are formed of the same biscuity base, and from the same manufacturer!

Upon further examination, it appears that the plain digestives have a diameter of 70mm, whilst the chocolate variety come in at a measly 65mm. This equates to an omission of 530 square millimetres per chocolatey disc!

I feel robbed!

(and yes I really do have nothing better to occupy me right now)

BigDummy
    Free Member

But you get chocolate on top, right?

😯

simon1975

Yes but they’ve recently removed dairy products from the unchocolatey ones which suits weirdos like me.

GrahamS

This is exactly why I buy plain digestives and a tub of Nutella.

enfht
    Free Member

This needs more investigation urgently. I suggest a full audit of current biscuit brands with comparisons of their chocolated conterparts. Please post your results on a spreadsheet ASAP. If your work have any issues with this then refer them to me! We’ve been hoodwinked for too long and things have gotta change sharpish, like.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is exactly why I buy plain digestives and a tub of Nutella.

Genius.

I shall try that!
    😀

40mpg

I am speculating here, but I think I may have unveiled McVities reasoning behind this devious subterfuge:

Both packs are 400g. I cant be sure, but I assume they want to sell us the same number of biscuits in each pack (I cant be sure because my detailed research has led to the consumption of many of the sample set). Due to the additional mass of the chocolate topping, this is only achievable by CNC MACHINING each choccy bisc to reduce the diameter and achieve the correct mass.

BUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BISCUITY SWARF?

40mpg

Graham S – does the nutella not dissolve in your tea whilst dunking?

enfht
    Free Member

Good point 40mph, I live near a biscuit factory and this explains the regular fly tippping of crumbs (usually under cover of darkness). A while back, so much crumbs had been dumped I couldnt get out of my road. I might have a mate on the inside, watch this space.

molgrips
    Free Member

Try milk chocolate Rich Tea instead. Fabulous.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Are McVities short changing us?’ is closed to new replies.