Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 532 total)
  • Apple WWDC 2014 – iPhone 6/ iWatch? / iWotM8?
  • Crell
    Free Member

For a company that likes to think of itself at the cutting edge, the irony of dragging on U2 seems lost.

Think I could be tempted by the 128GB 6 as well.

Jamie
    Free Member

U2 are here.

*turns off feed*

ninfan
    Free Member

So, its like a pebble but sh**ter and more expensive, yeah?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Crell – Member
    Charge your (350 USD) watch every night… err no.

I don’t see the point of the iWatch (other than to sell more devices), but the thing about battery life misses the point. It’s a computer, not a watch. If you use your laptop all day its battery will also die.

Jamie
    Free Member

So, its like a pebble but sh**ter and more expensive, yeah?

No. No it’s not..erm…yeah!

Being able to pay with you watch would be pretty sweet….

fisha
    Free Member

I think the iphone6 will be my next phone… I’m liking the look of it. Not sure about the watch though… I think I would only use the fitness side of things…. Making it a bit wasted on me.

Crell
    Free Member

I don’t see the point of the iWatch (other than to sell more devices), but the thing about battery life misses the point. It’s a computer, not a watch. If you use your laptop all day its battery will also die.

Well it doesn’t miss the point for me. I agree that it’s a “digital device” rather than a watch; but it’s yet another device, with its own dedicated charger, which needs regular charging, and needs the phone.

As you have to have an Iphone 5 or above to use it, it’s doubly pointless.

Having seen the price on the apple store for the 6 plus did I miss something? I thought I heard 499 USD, which has translated in to 789 GBP for the 128GB, 699 GBP for the 64GB and 619 for the 16GB.

http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-iphone/iphone6

As they said on CNet:
    The watch will appeal to people with disposable income…and who want to remain single 🙂

GrahamS

A watch with navigation and cycle stats displayed on it? That’d be handy.

Bit like this really:

http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb/about-us/media-centre/2014/06/26/viewranger-offers-active-navigation-through-android-wear

iWatch + handlebar mount + offline maps = rad.

For the price you’d be better off just bar mounting an old iPhone.

Cougar

needs the phone.

Which, for me at least, misses the point. I want to get rid of the phone, not carry yet another device.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Passbook on the watch is quite neat

Jamie
    Free Member

The watch will appeal to people with disposable income…and who want to remain single

muggomagic

I have an android wear watch and ViewRanger. It’s good for navigation when stopped or going slow enough to take a good look, as it saves digging the phone out the bag or pocket, but IMO couldn’t be used on the bars as the screen isn’t big enough and in direct sunlight it’s not clear enough.

zilog6128

Lol at everyone saying “misses the point” when they’ve defined what they think the point is themselves.

I think it’s cool. The only reason I might not get it is I don’t generally wear a watch so I’ll have to feel what’s like to wear before I splash my cash!

Give it a couple of years and everyone will have one anyway so there’s no point fighting it 🙂

muggomagic

Which, for me at least, misses the point. I want to get rid of the phone, not carry yet another device

I think that type of device is a long way off. You’d have to fit a lot more in the watch as it would need an antenna, GPS, bigger memory which would all need a bigger more powerful battery.

speed12
    Free Member

Having seen the price on the apple store for the 6 plus did I miss something? I thought I heard 499 USD, which has translated in to 789 GBP for the 128GB, 699 GBP for the 64GB and 619 for the 16GB.

US

Cougar

I think that type of device is a long way off.

Except, those things are already here. We were discussing them the other day. They’re just a bit big.

speed12
    Free Member

US prices were with a 2 year contract – UK are SIM free

wilburt
    Free Member

They’ve done it again, the phone is history watch this space!

Cougar

Thusly,

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lgetc-phone-watches-gimmick-or-great

I was eyeing up this at the time:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/an-android-smartphone-inside-a-watch-with-a-beautiful-design-meet-inwatch-z

Damn thing is half an inch thick though. Top to bottom is 2.3″, that’s taller than my wrist is across.

brassneck

US prices were with a 2 year contract – UK are SIM

Ok I withdraw my like 🙂

Assume £300 ish is going to only be on £70 monthly contracts.
    Quite like the watch as a plaything. No mention of IPX rating on it or the 6?

legend
    Free Member

stevious – Member
    iWatch + handlebar mount + offline maps = too small to be of much use for navigation.

FTFY

mrblobby
    Free Member

I am surprised they are allowed to use the contract prices as headline prices. Still reckon 800 quid is pretty good given the use my 4 has had. And with the bigger display, better processor, etc I can see it taking on some of the things I’d be previously going to the iPad for. I’ll be getting one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

iLike the iPhone 6 128gb so i’ll ave iT and das iWotch soi’ll ave iT too.. 8)

iNNiT

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t be an iDonut, Bikeboy.

muggomagic

My android watch is great and no doubt the apple one will be just as good and is a lot better looking than the early android offerings (moto 360 and LG G watch R look nice though).

bikebouy
    Free Member

i iS only kiDdiN iNNiT..

But quite like the way they look, and iGuess they’ll be just lovely to handle..

However i”Ve triEd looking at the Apple siTe and iT’s all gawn bolliX iNNiT wiV fanbouys gate crashiNg the siTe.. So iGuess i’LL have to waiT won’t i..

* iS miSsriBle 😐

stevious

Probably right about the iWatch not being a very good idea for a bike computer. OH WELL.

Right, I’m off to figure out a way of deleting that new U2 album from existence forever.

the-muffin-man

After looking at the gallery on the Apple site I reckon they’ll sell fookin millions of those iWatches.

And aftermarket suppliers will be designing new blingy straps already.

fathomer

After looking at the dimensions, I’m out! It’s far to bloody big to put in a pocket at 138mm long. Second hand 5s here I come!

To be honest I’m gutted as I really wanted one 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

What about a bigger pocket?

fathomer

😀

Not a bad shout but I quite like my current pockets, the things massive and the plus is **** gigantic!

Cougar

(via @RonAmadeo – pic.twitter.com/NrwbqHMVL4 )

Jamie
    Free Member

Mmmm. Cherry picking.

Cougar

Yes yes, I know. It’s not the full story. Still amusing though.

GrahamS

After looking at the dimensions, I’m out! It’s far to bloody big to put in a pocket at 138mm long.

I’m with you on that. One of the reasons (besides money) that I still use a 4S is because I like the size.
    I like being able to reach the whole screen with my thumb, I like that I can barmount it on my bike without creating a spoiler, and I like being able to sit down with it in my pocket.

somafunk

Same for me – the 6 is far too big for my pockets, i’m perfectly happy with my 64gb 5s i bought last December as my iPhone 4 had cracked screens back and front, iPhone 4 is relegated to digital/internet radio duties in the kitchen and i’m sure the 5s will last me another couple of years.

I’ll be buying an iwatch when they come out though, i like it.

grum
    Free Member

The watch is fugly. Also having to have a constant connection to the phone sounds like a battery killer for both devices.

New phone looks good but possibly a bit big for me.

For some reason I decided to read some of the comments on the news article about the launch on The Guardian – urghhh! Some people seem to be very insecure/obsessed about their technology buying choices.

CountZero

After looking at the dimensions, I’m out! It’s far to bloody big to put in a pocket at 138mm long. Second hand 5s here I come!

Stop wearing your sister’s jeans! 😉
    Going to be a 5.5″, 128Gb iP6 early next year. Already upgraded my network contract, the phone’s a separate deal on O2 now, so going to wait until the fuss dies down a bit.
    Just had a new battery put in the 5, so it’s good for a while longer.
    That big screen’s going to be great for maps, and 128Gb is GREAT for music!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol Cougar, I’d have thought they would at least go for the Nexus 5 as a benchmark. Though at least now they have invented the watch so they can go about chasing everyone with a watch for IP.

wallop

I would like an iPhone that doesn’t emit blue light.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 532 total)

The topic ‘Apple WWDC 2014 – iPhone 6/ iWatch? / iWotM8?’ is closed to new replies.