Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Apple OS X Leopard and iPhoto…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So – I have just done a full install of Leopard onto an old Mac and there is no iPhoto??????

Is it correct that I need to buy iLife separately in order to get it?

My understanding (from the info I can find) is that a new Mac will come pre-installed with it, but the upgrade disk doesn’t have it!

If so, it really, REALLY sucks big time – what a rip off.

richtea
    Free Member

it comes on a seperate dvd that would have come with your mac

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well when you buy Windows you don’t get a copy of Office with it but it does come pre installed on new PCs so it’s no different to other commercial operating systems.

You should still be able to use iLife 08 though, I was using that with Leopard until recently.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

it comes on a seperate dvd that would have come with your mac

Ahh – so the older version will work even though I have installed a newer system?

it’s no different to other commercial operating systems

But in the past it has been bundled with the OS, now they have removed it and made it an additional paid for piece of software

gonefishin
    Free Member

Yes, although the 09 version does have some nice touches for uploading to different sites like mobile me, facebook & flickr.

richtea
    Free Member

yep, ilife ’08 or ’07 or whatever it came with will still work on leopard

gonefishin
    Free Member

But in the past it has been bundled with the OS, now they have removed it and made it an additional paid for piece of software

Are you sure about that? I certainly don’t remember getting it when I upgraded to Tiger and it’s not listed here as being included, although I can’t be sure.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Guess I have always had new macs so it was pre-bundled… 🙁

PrinceJohn

try picasa if you have an intel mac, like iphoto but with a slightly nicer interface (i think)

tomzo
    Free Member

http://download.cnet.com/iPhoto/3000-2192_4-10071290.html

could always use that one, though i guess its slightly older than the version you wanted?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That is just an update (ie, I would need the full version from which to make the upgrade).

Can’t use Picasa as it is only a Power PC Mac, not an Intel!

Argghhh

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Apple OS X Leopard and iPhoto…’ is closed to new replies.