Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Apple MacBook Air
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Scratch her eyes out DD!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In fairness though, isn’t the Air built around being ultra-light, thin and not having loads of bumpf to weigh them down? Seems a bit churlish and just looking for any excuse to slag it off because of the stuff it doesn’t have, because it’s not supposed to in the first place.

pjbarton
    Free Member

So I bought about the fastest laptop available 18 months ago-ish (MacBook Pro pre i5/7) and yes, the new Air would beat it in many areas.

But the new air is also slow because there’s a faster MacBook Pro out now?!!!

it’s nuts

also, how many usbs do people need?

Jamie
    Free Member

also, how many usbs do people need?

zokes
    Free Member

Ah, looks like I can’t use it on the plane after all 🙁

From the spec sheet:

Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
    Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet

Hmmmm 🙄

CaptJon
    Free Member

Won’t the altitude figures be based on air pressure? On a plane you should be fine.

pjbarton
    Free Member

Ah, looks like I can’t use it on the plane after all

From the spec sheet:

Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
    Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
    Hmmmm

if you’re wing walking / browsing, you’re screwed. Inside the plane you’ll be fine.

zokes
    Free Member

Yeah, I had guessed that – just thought it quite amusing. However, I’m fairly sure if it were to break whilst I was on a plane, Apple would probably point to the spec sheet ant tell me I wasn’t covered…

McHamish
    Free Member

Good for you. Anything else you’d care to add?

Not anymore, I shall take my additional comments to the grave.

brassneck

In fairness though, isn’t the Air built around being ultra-light, thin and not having loads of bumpf to weigh them down? Seems a bit churlish and just looking for any excuse to slag it off because of the stuff it doesn’t have, because it’s not supposed to in the first place

Take your common sense and get out, you’re not wanted here

spacemonkey

So, as a lifelong Windows user, what am I likely to find most difficult

Contextual menus in things like Finder are IMO shockingly limited.

Having to learn a whole load of keyboard shortcuts.

and what will I like?

Everything looks pretty and shiny.

IMO, if I was a gadget, I’d shack up with W7 and start a family but I’d like a bit of foxy OSX on the side once in a while.

maxray
    Free Member

if I was a gadget, I’d shack up with W7 and start a family but I’d like a bit of foxy OSX on the side once in a while.

😀

As a recent convert to osx (albeit a mbp rather than air) you will be fine swapping over, presuming all the software you use is available on the os. I use Paralells a bit too just for a few programs and testing.

Best thing I did was upping the ram to 8gig and having a solid state drive. Ultra responsive.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Apple MacBook Air’ is closed to new replies.