Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anywhere at Dalby Forest to park a van and sleep?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

I’d like to ride at Dalby on Easter Friday with my bro in law and at night cook some tea and sleep in my van (converted with beds) is there anywhere that people know that I can sleep in my van for free without getting a ticket or clamped?

Thanks

bullstiff
    Free Member

Dalby is now on numberplate recognition so you’d need to go beyond the barriers. If you head up the Dalby Drive towards Dixon’s hollow, keep going through the barriers as though leaving the forest.

You have a couple of options here, after around 200yds there’s a left turn onto a forest gravel road sign posted for Cross Cliff car park, it’s well out of the way and quiet plenty of space too, you can get on the red route here. Or alternately stay on the forest drive for another 1/2mile and you’ll find Bickley Gate carpark on the right, it’s right next to the forest drive but will be quiet enough, red route passes here too.

if you look on an ordnance survey map and follow the drive looking out for the names I’ve given you you’ll see where I mean.

Dont leave a mess and you’ll be fine on either site.

Enjoy

chestrockwell

We have stayed at the cheap camp field in cropton which is only a few miles away. Keeps it simple.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Thanks to both you guys! Really helpful and I massively appreciated the responses! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere at Dalby Forest to park a van and sleep?’ is closed to new replies.