Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone used Mark Antony Bikes?
  • andywarner
    Free Member

What a fooking nightmare! Ordered a bottom bracket from them two and a half weeks ago. After 13days it hadn't arrived so I rang them. They said ring back the next day and they'd dispatch another one. Duly did as I was asked. Package arrived this morning. When I opened it they'd sent me a stem! So now I'm going to just go and buy an overpriced one from the LBS, which I wish I'd done in the first place. Been without my bike for nearly 3 weeks now and am desperate to go for a ride.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member
    andywarner
    Free Member

haha cheers rock! should have checked first. at least i've got a stem to show for it which is of the same value! b@stards!!

seanodav
    Free Member

Wish i had also checked. ordered a post to post mount adaptor to fit 203mm rotor, they sent one for 195mm. when i rang he said, ahh there is a reason for that we dont have any 203mm adaptors in!
    ffs did he think i wasnt going to notice 🙄

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

They are 15 mins form me and soooooo shit that i would rather sue anyone else! Je james are far better than mark anthony

keavo
    Free Member

mark anthony and dave hinde are actually brothers:-)

seanodav
    Free Member

Whoever it was i spoke too on the phone was VERY unhelpfull and rude, considering it was they're cock up. It was like i had sent myself the wrong part and wanted them to correct the problem.

Pleased it wasn't very expensive

Surfr
    Free Member

Had a nightmare with a car rack from them last year. Never going near them again. They lied, lied again then failed to deliver. Very rude staff too. Never dealt with another online supplier like them to be honest.

sambob
    Free Member

the premises is for sale, so they are either moving or disappearing completely. (hopefully the latter of the two).

iain1775
    Free Member

once asked a question on multiple item postage on one of their (activesportskit) ebay auctions, got a very blunt reply back saying it was in the listing. Checked, it wasnt. Thought they where a bit off customer service wise so ordered it elsewhere only to discover that activesportskit was the ebay name for Mark Antony!
    I had actually ordered from the same place, just direct instead of ebay – doh!
    Still postage was cheaper direct
    Used them once since. They where shit, took weeks
    Wanted some cable stops last week – at £4.50 they where £1 cheaper than anywhere else until I checked out and they whacked on £6 for postage!! – £10 minimum order
    Robbing bastards
    Never again
    – though they do seem to stock more obsure items like Problem Solvers brake pulleys etc

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I also got a very curt bordering on rude response from their sales team when trying to buy something off them- told them to shove it

sambob
    Free Member

their customer service appears to remind me of the highpeak cycles mechanic. was very rude when i took my bike in after a peaks pootle to see if they could sort the front brake. IMO, the bike factory is much better 🙂

rootes1

So now I'm going to just go and buy an overpriced one from the LBS

remember evans and cycle surgery will price match against the online boys line CRC and Wiggle

guybe
    Free Member

Avoid them at all cost, bad service, slow delivery and poor comms, had bad experience from them 3 years ago so best to stay away from them.

They are $hite

Northwind

They are pisstaking ****. Tried to blame a nondelivery on snow, didn't even bother to check the dates or details before telling me total nonsense, and didn't even have the wit to own up afterwards. He got a bit emotional when I told him it'd cost him a £550 fork sale.

Edric64
    Free Member

I have bought 6 bikes and a frame from Mark Antony in the last 3 years and they could not have been nicer to deal with or quicker to deliver

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

hi mr anthony!

phildowling
    Free Member

Complete shite, ordered a simple SS spacer pack as i thought it would be quick…. 🙁 Took about 10 days

Eggbox
    Free Member

I bought a crank off them a couple of years back from ebay..took a couple of weeks to get to me. I wouldn't bother again.

Northwind

See, I wouldn't have minded the slow delivery, it was the really lazy attempt at lying about it. if you're going to lie to your customers you need to at least put some effort into it, make it credible. Like mine, "Yeah, we've had no deliveries for a week because of snow" "I ordered this 2 weeks before the snow" "Yeah, totally because of the snow" "Also you said you had it in stock when I ordered it" "Did I mention it snowed?"

andywarner
    Free Member

anyway so i left negative feedback on ebay and they emailed me to ask if i would ring them to resolve the problem. yesterday afternoon i rang them feeling all diplomatic like only to have the guy on the other end of the phone aggressively telling me that i shouldn't have left that feedback and it wasn't their fault etc etc not once did this muppet offer any sort of resolution and i actually had to stop him ranting and explain that in the context of what had happened negative feedback was justified. wot a prize c*ck that man was!! customer service is definitely not their strong point.

marlinman
    Free Member

I bought a set of UTurn Revs from them last year for my Soul, only went to them because I couldn't find a set of 100-130 new old stock revs anywhere else. They arrived in two days and were as described NOS. Very cheap as well.

Sounds from all the comments on here I was pretty lucky.

epicyclo

I use them about 3 or 4 times a year for odd bits.

Never had a problem over the last few years.

JonR
    Free Member

Mark Antony have never stabbed me in the back before! 😆

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Never ordered anything from them online, mostly because I have found their attitude in the shop to be – more often than not – a bit dismissive. It seemed to me that customers were a distraction to whatever it was they were doing rather than the reason they had a job.

Still, I'm still riding the Trek road bike I bought off them 10 years ago for £250

andywarner
    Free Member

Nice reference Jon! If only they'd been that subtle!

haddock
    Free Member

Realise this thread is 2 weeks old, but I just did a forum search on Mark Antony following a work mate going on about how they messed up his order -which was for some grips, hardly a complicated order, but it took ten days to come and was then wrong.

While he's stood chatting to me, they ring him getting all shitty about him leaving them poor e bay feedback and blaming it on a polish bloke that they employ, enough said.

retro83
    Free Member

Time wasting idiots. Avoid.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

They were advertising 2009 anthem x2's a couple of weeks ago on their website- I was very tempted to order on line but thought I'd ring first to make sure they had stock as it seemed very unusual as everyone else has sold out of 2010 models never mind heavily reduced 2009 models- guess what ..they didn't have any!
    Would have been interesting to see how long it would have been to advise me of that if I had ordered online.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Mark Antony Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.