Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone used Bike Active on here ?
  • renton
    Free Member

As title really

Has anyone used Bike Active on here ?

If so how did you find them.

Cheers

Renton.

poah
    Free Member

got my suppressor from them 4 years ago without a hitch. They informed me it would take about a week to get the frame and kept me upto date with when I was getting it. Was going to use them again for a new frame if they get one in stock.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

I bought a Commencal Supreme from them 5 years ago, was cheaper than buying from Commencal direct. All went through absolutely fine, had it delivered to home as they’re a trek from me.

Got another order in with them at present for a Mega, deposit paid and no issues so far. Just waiting on a call now to find out when it’s landing.

renton
    Free Member

I ordered and paid for something in September with a delivery date last week of October.

That time passed so I’ve phoned for updates to be told that they are still waiting to hear from the manufacturer on delivery dates.

So I phoned the manufacturer and they told my the item has been in stock for over a week and having looked on their sales system there has been no order placed for my item.

Armed with this info I contacted the shop again and got told that they don’t deal with the person I spoke with but another person and that they have checked and the manufacturer are just waiting to paint the item.

Starting to worry a bit now as it wasn’t cheap

docgeoffyjones

I brought a Commencal Meta HT last April. I was told originally it would be in within a couple of day. He continued to lie pointlessly to me about dates for the next month.

He would say he had the tracking info showing it had been shipped from Commencal and would be in by a particular date. That day would pass then he would lie and say it was delayed again. I don’t think at any point during that month he actually contacted Commencal and just asked them.

I would have preferred him to be honest and say he did not know and there was a delay or actually contacted Commencal and asked, instead of just promising dates and sending me false tracking info.

I got the bike in the end but would not buy from again

brads
    Free Member

Bought my 5 from them a year ago. Brilliant service and after service as well.

renton
    Free Member

I’ve had a few weeks of unreturned calls and promises of call backs.

Understand nthat covid has delayed things but when the manufacturer says the things are in stock it makes you wonder.

zerocool

I bought an Orange Alpine from them in 2012 and they were awesome. Very helpful and stuff

mattvanders
    Free Member

Have bought a bike and frame from them before. Have had 15+ friends buy from them. While the prices are very good they really aren’t that good when it comes to warranty issues and the customer service that goes along with it. The frame I bought developed a crack in it outside of 2 year warranty, was able to get in contact with manufacturer through them and agree a crash replacement but because they wouldn’t be making an earning from it they was interesting in the sale and couldn’t be bothered chasing up the sale. Other friend had a high end carbon frame have issues with paint wear on chainstays just over a month into ownership, they said it was due to bottom bracket wrongly installed by my mate (even thought it was a shop build) causing the chainring to rub, it was only a week latter that he found a crack in the swingarm and came to the conclusion that it was flex in the frame that caused the rubbing. No cost to shop as warranty to manufacture so happy to resolve it.

renton
    Free Member

Oh dear.

This isn’t sounding good. I was hoping it was going to be a one off but I’ve also just seen the reviews on their Facebook page too.

docgeoffyjones

They only way I could get him to talk to me was via Instagram message, would not answer phone or respond to emails.

renton
    Free Member

He has stopped replying to my emails too.

Manufacturer says they can’t help as they don’t do direct sales.

Luckily I paid by PayPal otherwise I’d be £650 down.

renton
    Free Member

Just to update this.

Frame didn’t arrive as promised so I cancelled my order and asked for a refund.

Refund sent via Echeque on PayPal so now I have to wait upto 30 days for that to clear.

This company had my money since September and delivered nothing but false promises.

The iromy is is that orange told me the frame was in stock but no order had been placed……..

jim25

A good friend had trouble with them too when he asked to fit an invisiframe kit to his bike, went it to pick it up on the agreed day and they hadn’t orders the kit by the sound of it, they were also shocked when said friend took the bike away rather than wasting more time with them

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Bike Active on here ?’ is closed to new replies.