• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ji.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone use a Halfords Advanced…
  • justa
    Free Member

rear high mount carrier ?

normally £129 but £80 at the moment – are they any good ?

do they scratch your car ?

cheers

justa
    Free Member

no-one ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

is it like the Thule ones? I have a thule one and it scares the bejesus out of me!! (not that I’ve had any problems with it, it works fine, its just scary!)

justa
    Free Member

its made by mount blanc

does yours have wheel mounts ?

why is it scary ?!

its this one

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_251029_langId_-1_categoryId_165477

MrNutt
    Free Member

its scary because I’d have about 2k’s worth of bike hanging of the back of the car by six or so straps and I can see it quivering in the mirror, I now pull the wheels out, put the seats down and carry the bike in the back of the car!

ji
    Free Member

Not that one, but used similar. Yes they will eventually scratch the car where the straps fit onto the boot edges etc, unless you are really careful. The wheels will probably obscure the lights on most cars as well, and if you have a third rear brake light (as most cars do these days) it is illegal to block that with bikes as well.

Having said that, of the rear mount racks I have used they were strong enough for me to hang off, but do sway a bit in motion. My personal preference is for a towbar rack, or roof racks – these strap on rear ones are my least favourite (and I have all three types in the garage at the moment!)

Other thing to bear in mind is security – a couple of snips and the whole thing comes off the car…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Halfords Advanced…’ is closed to new replies.