Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone tried the new rock shox pikes?
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Thinking of a 2014 spesh enduro which will come with these shocks. I have the option of the 2013 with the fox 34’s on but cant decide.

LoCo
    Free Member

Pikes, definatly

Jamie
    Free Member
    danjthomas
    Free Member

Coming from LoCo. Pikes it is…. Also, Loco i just put some new skf seals in my floats and they feel rough. Tiny bit of disk side stanchion wear. Are they on their last legs needing big money or do the seals take 4 or 5 rides to get smooth.

LoCo
    Free Member

Seals may take a few rides to bed in, but usually feel ok from new, did you change the lower oil too? Also it’s possible to pinch the foam ring which can cause them to feel sticky.
    The 2013 ctd fit carts. Now have upgraded internals available if you feel they are lacking a bit of compression.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Loco, Yeah, all new oil and float fluid. Im just curious is the stancion wear on the disk side will have an effect on performance.

LoCo
    Free Member

The wear may cause extra movement and material has been lost, also the anodised coating which reduces friction has been lost so it may be a bit ‘stickier’ on the worn section of the stantion.
    It maybe worth popping he forks upside down for a while before you ride to renew the layer of oil between the upper bushes and stantion and lube the foam rings which should make them a bit smoother.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone tried the new rock shox pikes?’ is closed to new replies.