Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone running a 29er Fox Rhythm 34 boost fork
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Managed to get a fox34 rhythm fork for a possible future build, probably the new SolarisMax, any experiences of the fork would be appreciated.

ianpv
    Free Member

I got one from the German deal – running it on a nukeproof scout.

It’s good – absolutely incredible for the money – but not as good as the pike on my other bike. Noticeably better than the 2018 revelation I tried on another bike in terms of suspension performance – much smoother though the stroke and less spiky.

There isn’t much to say about it –  it’s stiff enough, simple rebound and  compression adjusters that work well, and has a good token system (I run one token in mine, which is what it came with).

fudge9202
    Free Member

Sounds good I got mine from Germany also , will probably change the graphics to stealth black though. Is there much bobbing when climbing I think I’m right in saying they don’t lock out completely?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Great fork. I got the stealth version and it does make it faster. I think I need a couple of tokens extra as it was blowing through the travel on the fast stuff at Boltby Bash but super smooth and no spikes that I noticed. Think I’m running two air spacers at the moment and the standard Fox oils – but easy to add more spacers and relatively easy to service overall too – if you’re into that kind of thing. I’m chancing it with a 150 mm air shaft which you aren’t meant to do but if you take the measurements and do the maths, it just works..but only just! My reckoning had the end of the upper leg about 1 mm shy of the lower edge of the lower bush at full extension – it’s close but I’ll let you know if I die in a fiery ball of death. Stiff enough for me but then I’ve not ridden anything girthier. Certainly a lot less twangy than my 32 mm stanchion Revelation on my other bike which has a similar height and travel.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

The Grip lockout on mine goes pretty solid when all the way on. You can spin the lever to where ever suits though – it’s not an on or off switch. You can make it bob but the Grip wound all the way on will stop that if it bothers you.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I got one too, it’s excellent as above it felt great running down cutgate and the beast (peaks) yesterday and Boltby bash last week , no stiffness issues . I’m no jumper,  but it seems to drops off rocks 1 1/2-2 ft comfortably and on fast flowing stone slabs it’s smooth..

I don’t notice a bob peddling hard up hill when the levers back round

stevemorg2

Mine is off having the travel reduced to go on an Orange Clockwork build – I think the graphics may have to be changed though – do they come off easily?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Haven’t tried yet I’m ordering a stealth set from silk graphics, will probably ask them the best way to remove the green ones

gaidong
    Free Member

The stickers come off very easily with Mk1 fingernails.

jayx2a
    Free Member

This is the fork that came on my trek. I have not ridden a lot of other bikes to compare but it’s by far the best fork I have ever owned.

Im a weighty lad and it supports my heavy load very well. The grip system is good and I use it regularly on smooth climbs. I have the stealth version and it looks sweet.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers guys, hope all goes well removing the graphics

letmetalktomark

Decals on my matt fork came off easily.

Side question ….. are folk using tokens? I’ve not opened my 130mm fork but there is supposed to one token already installed with a maximum of five.

Where are folk buying their tokens?

dandasbike
    Free Member

I have these on my stage 4, they are pretty decent but id take a set of pikes all day long. Straight out of the box with one token in they are an unrideable boingy mess imo, ive settled on 4 tokens now but even with say a 5ft drop for example i cant get the last 10mm of travel, defo the way to go though if you ride agressive as they still stay composed with fast repeated hits. I did use 3 tokens for a few rides and this would probably suit quite a lot of people to.

fudge9202
    Free Member

So where do we get tokens for them from?

dandasbike
    Free Member

I got mine from Ric @slickandslidesuspension

dougiedogg
    Free Member

My rebound adjuster has rusted and now can’t be moved, I would suggest keeping the water off of it somehow. This is on the 27.5 version.

brassneck

Mine are in a box waiting for me to make my bloody mind up about a frame

ChamSolarisChamSolarisChamSolaris etc etc

fudge9202
    Free Member

Me too except I’m in the

SherpaSolarismaxSherpaSolarismax camp

TheGhost
    Free Member

I have a 120mm airshaft for the 29er Rhythms if anyone wants to shorten their travel

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a 29er Fox Rhythm 34 boost fork’ is closed to new replies.