Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone ridden the Quantocks over the easter break?
  • sharki
    Free Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well you shouldn’t be…………………..

it’s banned until future notice………….

gerr orf my land………………..

oh and the area will be sprayed by chopper this year to kill off the bracken, so it’ll be a restricted area whilst this is happening…..

So you all may as well find somewhere else to ride.

I hear Dartmoor is fun….

‘stids!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ehh – had a great ride – we did stick to bridlepaths – MBR hard route inc Dead womans ditch but lovely ride with no probs – how come ? Did you get some Tw@ tell you otherwise ?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I ONLY managed two rides up there over the weekend as I was working, but I’ve just finished nights and I’m off till Monday so the Quantocks are at my mercy 😀

johnners
    Free Member

The Quantocks are overated anyway. They’re not even proper hills. Over the Bank Holiday they’re particularly rubbish.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Quantocks are overated anyway.

I think I will have to confirm that for myself, in a short while (when I’ve decided which bike to take) 😉

cheers_drive

Yep including including your trail which Hopster kindly showed me! It was great weekend for riding. How long are you off the bike for?

johnners
    Free Member

I think I will have to confirm that for myself, in a short while (when I’ve decided which bike to take)

It’s always best to be sure. I’m going to get up there for a couple of hours later today to confirm they’re still shite.

johnners
    Free Member

And the Quantocks are full of nasty blood-sucking ticks riddled with Lyme disease.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ehh – had a great ride – we did stick to bridlepaths – MBR hard route inc Dead womans ditch but lovely ride with no probs – how come ? Did you get some Tw@ tell you otherwise ?

Actually I was lying is was cr@p – the worst ride of the weekend – don’t go there is sucks – its flat and the descents are pants. I would leave it for the locals to potter around 😉

trailmonkey

I hear Dartmoor is fun….

Nothing to see here. Exmoor’s your best bet.

richc
    Free Member

quantocks is a winter riding location isn’t it? as the riding in Wales/Dartmoor is much better in the summer.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

quantocks is a winter riding location isn’t it? as the riding in Wales/Dartmoor is much better in the summer.

Absolutely. You couldn’t be more correct. They’ve even put up a nice new bridge to help you over to it and everything.

trailmonkey

Isn’t all riding better in the warm and dry ? Dartmoor has loads of weather proof riding if you know where to look, I’m sure Wales has too.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The Quantocks is rubbish in the summer though. Its all grassy and bumpy and rubbish. Best head elsewhere.

sparkey
    Free Member

nothing wrong with the Quantocks!The trails are excellent.

Dibbs
    Free Member

nothing wrong with the Quantocks!The trails are excellent.

I’m certain you’re wrong, but to be on the safe side I think everyone should stay away until I’ve done several thousand more rides to confirm my findings. 🙄

knottie8
    Free Member

stop it the lot of you ! I didnt get out all weekend either ……

Philby

Our all-dayer on Easter Sunday (see Cheers Drive above) was far too flat -only 5300 feet of climbing in 28 miles 😉

…and the weather was cr*p as well – far too bright and sunny!

sharki
    Free Member

‘stids

trailmonkey

Is that someone using Weacombe as a climb ?

hopster
    Free Member

Is that someone using Weacombe as a climb ?

Nope that’s ladys edge in the pic. Climbing up Weacombe is just plain silly.

trailmonkey

My mistake. I’ve only ever climbed Lady’s Edge myself but always think that it would make a blistering, if slightly short, descent.

sharki
    Free Member

not a bad descent but the fact it’s used ar a climb deters me from descending it my way, which is the only way.

Oh and here’s a injury progress report.
    It’s slow and i’m not holding much faith in it actually healing without issues.
    So watch this space for a well abused ss sc chameleon for sale.
    🙁

Anna-B
    Free Member

As far as I can see, the Qs makes people poorly. Sharki, maybe they’re saying Gerrrr orrrfffff meeeeeeee.
    Climbing Weacombe is not silly, it’s an interesting challenge. Try it!

hopster
    Free Member

As far as I can see, the Qs makes people poorly. Sharki, maybe they’re saying Gerrrr orrrfffff meeeeeeee.
    Climbing Weacombe is not silly, it’s an interesting challenge. Try it!

No thanks. Definitely more interesting climbs in the area.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I did another 22miles up there this evening in my role as official Quantocks tester, and I can confirm that the downhills are all too slow and easy, the uphill are all far too steep and the flat bits are just too flat and there’s ticks too (gert big one’s). You’d all be better off avoiding the place.

lammy
    Free Member

Took the mrs for a short loop on Sunday. She now has bruised boob and arse…

great day though!

johnners
    Free Member

You’d all be better off avoiding the place

At bloody last. All we need now is to get knottie to shut up and stop towing incomers round the place.

I was up there for a 14 miles pootle this evening. It’s not that I’m unfit, I just couldn’t find anything worth riding.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I didnt ride Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and I’m not going back again tomorrow! Purely coz its crap!
    Cold on the downhills and Toooooo hot on the uphills i reckon.
    Bit tooo much wildlife up there too!

If I were you, I’d go out on the road bike! I hear theres a race nearby this weekend.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden the Quantocks over the easter break?’ is closed to new replies.