Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone remember the white dot on the telly
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

When the programmes had all finished?

**** me, that was a long time ago!

Some kids on here will inevitably take the urine..

fasthaggis

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No Fasthaggis, the white dot was before that!

jag61

Essel GF We didnt get to see it very often as 11pm* was way too late for us as kids and would have been tired out from a full day playing out somewhere. on the rare ocaisions we got to see it had to stand to attention for the Anthem. * yes kids tv shut down at 11pm …Both channels and petrol was 30 p per gallon (6p /litre kids) we never had it so good

duntstick
    Free Member

This was the most exciting white dot. I couldn’t get my head around it. We had control!

jag61

Meh that one moves, the proper one stayed still in the centre of the screen we had real entertainment back then…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Some kids on here will inevitably take the urine..

jag61, there’s always a 1st, & your’e it. Well done. 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Googles The Young Ones and white dot on the telly.

Karinofnine

Yes, remember the white dot. And the black and white test card. And the tone. And Not The Nine O’Clock News, with Rowan Atkinson replicating the tone by running his finger round the top of a glass.

🙂 🙂 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

with Rowan Atkinson replicating the tone by running his finger round the top of a glass.

I’d actually forgotten about that bit! 😳

jag61

esselgruntfuttock
    No not a pi55 take just pleased/surprised to remember so far back when i dont remember what i had for breakfast most days 🙄

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cue dots are still used on itv during live shows so that the regional areas know when to play their adverts. Keep an eye out on xfactor etc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone remember the white dot on the telly’ is closed to new replies.