Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone notice the link between the Fallout TV series and Brian Cox?❓
  • Poopscoop

No way am I the only one on here that made a link between the show and him?

Anyone else?

Drac

Can’t say I did?

fossy

Nope. Other than some of it is a bit ‘polite’ middle class from the vaults ?

Loved it TBH, roll on more.

Poopscoop

It’s there, no way am I the only one that spotted it. You’ll have needed to watch his documentaries it goes without saying but I know many of you have.

FB-ATB

me neither. C’mon poops, don’t leave us hanging

Poopscoop

I’ll leave it 24 hours as I’m certain someone was watching Fallout and thought… “Hold on.”

No clues in afraid. 😁

jimdubleyou

Which Brian Cox?

or

Poopscoop

^^ The sciencey/musicy one.😁

Screenshot_20240416-221859

stgeorge

Loved the games, liking the series (3 episodes in and find some of it hilarious), am aware of Mr Cox but no idea of link.,
    Help please

Poopscoop

You lot can’t see the wood for the sand.

CountZero

Well, I certainly haven’t. But then, I haven’t seen the TV series in question. Oddly enough, there are dozens of other TV series I haven’t seen either. 🤷🏼

Poopscoop

Poopscoop
    You lot can’t see the wood for the sand.

That was a clue…

FB-ATB

Just spell it out

perchypanther
    Free Member

Entropy innit.

Poopscoop

^^ I think perchy has the win!

Without letting the proles know too much.

I likey.😁

mattyfez

Entropy innit.

I’m still not sure I get it….

I mean, I understand entropy on a superficial level.. is that the angle? that the fallout TV series is basically an embarrassingly badly written ‘sci-fi/drama’ like 99.9% of everything else on ‘TV’? That sort of entropy?

Poopscoop

I mean, I understand entropy on a superficial level.. is that the angle? that the fallout TV series is basically an embarrassingly badly written ‘sci-fi/drama’ like 99.9% of everything else on ‘TV’? That sort of entropy?

No, I wouldn’t be that cruel, although the link is subtle, it’s not that mean.

In fairness, if you haven’t watched the series you are very unlikely to get it unless you are incredibly attentive during the short trailers.

“Ditto the other series involved”. Hint.😉

As an aside, it’s a good series, I prefer Silo but Fallout was very good.

perchypanther
    Free Member

…or soil erosion.

Poopscoop

perchypanther
    Free Member
    …or soil erosion.

Even id have to refresh my memory on that Perchy!👍😁

I’m just relieved that someone else got the link. I was certain someone on here would. 👍

Drac

Well this is all very exciting.

Poopscoop

^^ It’s just a bit of harmless if banal fun Drac. Not often I know anything (even an inconsequential fact like this) that the average forum member doesn’t.

I’ll leave it to Perchy if he wants to clarify as it seems an appropriate reward. If he wants to drop some more clues that’s fine too. No-one will die in the making of this thread. 😉

Just don’t get your hopes up, it’s not going to change anyone’s lives, this little alignment between the Fallout show and Brian Cox’s work. It’s just a little fact/detail that will bore most but might slightly interest a few is all.

😁

onehundredthidiot

Is silo based on wool/dust etc?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m not explaining anything. This is your circus. I’m just a monkey sitting on the edge of the ring throwing peanuts 🥜

Kamakazie

Is silo based on wool/dust etc?

Yeah, only 1 series so far and that’s maybe half of Wool.

nwgiles

Well, I certainly haven’t. But then, I haven’t seen the TV series in question. Oddly enough, there are dozens of other TV series I haven’t seen either.

Next you’ll be telling its because you don’t have enough time because you are out riding your bike

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m a casual gamer, never played Fallout, but the series is really rather good.

Production is outstanding, good character development (but some brilliant gamer type throw-away characters too) decent story line with social/economical/political commentary.

A grown up, as much as it can be, game adaption….. Recommended.

Makes we want to pay the game.

As for Entropy ….. in so much as its linked to time !?!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So is it actually anything to do with Brian Cox? Or just the 2nd law of thermodynamics?

Poopscoop

perchypanther
    Free Member
    I’m not explaining anything. This is your circus. I’m just a monkey sitting on the edge of the ring throwing peanuts 🥜

Lets last the peanuts continue then!😁

Right, forget Silo, that was just normal chat.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    So is it actually anything to do with Brian Cox? Or just the 2nd law of thermodynamics?

Indirectly both, absolutely.

Ro5ey

As for Entropy ….. in so much as its linked to time !?!.

I’m sensing we might have another winner here? Want to expand just slightly as your question mark might imply you are joining dots that might not be there. 😉

sirromj

I googled stuff to try fathom this mystery being unfamiliar with both and watched a short  BBC YouTube video about sand castles.

Poopscoop

sirromj
    I googled stuff to try fathom this mystery being unfamiliar with both and watched a short BBC YouTube video about sand castles.

I think you have been down a rabbit hole but I’m not sure it’s the right rabbit hole. Kudos for trying though, you really need to have watched the Fallout TV show and be a fan of Brian Cox material to get this.

benpinnick

I know the answer, but now Im torn as to whether to reveal some more info or not…. I’m just going to sit here on this pile of sand and contemplate it a while.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Makes we want to pay the game.

I picked the game up for a couple of hours last night. There were no sand castles in it.
    The TV show has absolutely nailed the tone, look and feel of the game though albeit a bit drier and more sandy.

Poopscoop

benpinnick
    I know the answer, but now Im torn as to whether to reveal some more info or not…. I’m just going to sit here on this pile of sand and contemplate it a while.

Id definitely recommend just sitting there in that pile of sand and see what transpires. You are a real diamond in the rough mate, buried but we see you. Are you German?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Nope, I’m not expanding on my answer as I don’t want to be a spoiler.

Poopscoop

@sirromj
    I googled stuff to try fathom this mystery being unfamiliar with both and watched a short BBC YouTube video about sand castles.

Apologies, I’ve just gone and refreshed my memory… You might indeed be in the right track with sand castles. Not sure if your are 100% there yet though?Sorry about that!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I like this game.

nickc

Presume its about the buildings covered in sand in the Fallout TV series and maybe even the quack doctor reversing the injury of the squire (making him into a ghoul at the same time) and Brian Cox doing his bit to camera about entropy (time flowing in one direction and therefore opposite to the quack doctor) possibility even at the same location?

Poopscoop

nickc
    Presume its about the buildings covered in sand in the Fallout TV series and maybe even the quack doctor reversing the injury of the squire (making him into a ghoul at the same time) and Brian Cox doing his bit to camera about entropy (time flowing in one direction and therefore opposite to the quack doctor) possibility even at the same location?

And…  we are pretty much there.

Your part about the Goul might be correct but I’d have to go check out both series, either way, you have the crux of it right.

In Wonders of the Universe by Brian Cox (available to rent on Amazon, some parts on YouTube… Not on iPlayer I’m afraid) he went into why time only goes forwards, thermal dynamics, entropy and the links there of.

Some of it is filmed in Namibia, on the skeleton coast of the Namib desert at an old German colony that surrounded a diamond mining enterprise. Those buildings are the ones used in Fallout. They are the ones you see a few internal shots off, they have high sand drifts up against them on the outside.

Brian Cox is filmed inside said buildings, walking past them and yes… making a sand castle outside one!

As an aside, the ship wreck you saw in Fallout is almost certainly the same one Cox is pictured with in the series.

(A Top Gear episode and Fury Road were filmed near there too.)

From Wonders of the Universe:

Screenshot_20240418-150426

Screenshot_20240418-150457

Screenshot_20240418-150845

johnners
    Free Member

I picked the game up for a couple of hours last night

Me too, then I got reminded why I’d put the Xbox aside for a while by the awful stick drift and died horribly by deathclaw.

They have got the look nailed I thought.

FB-ATB

Now if you had mentioned Fallout and Abandoned Engineering I’d have got it in one!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.