Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone notice the link between the Fallout TV series and Brian Cox?❓
  • Poopscoop

FB-ATB
    Now if you had mentioned Fallout and Abandoned Engineering I’d have got it in one!

Good point, I seem to remember it being featured in the series.

The makers of the Fallout TV series seem to think they are the first to film there but theres been a few, admittedly less challenging, shoots there in the past.

eulach

And I was thinking this thread could only get better.

(Sorry but no one else had done it yet)

Serious question – can i watch it with the kids 12+? or is it too vicious?

Poopscoop

Serious question – can i watch it with the kids 12+? or is it too vicious?

I think it’s fairly tame all things considered but have your kids watched anything with a bit of jeapordy in it?

Also, it’s dealing with the apocalypse, you see the nukes explode though there is no gore shown in that event. If they have caught bits of the news about Russia over the last couple of years it might be a bit too close for comfort though.

I think the Goul might be the freekiest other bit for them. If they cote with him, they’ll be fine. 👍

It’s actually light-hearted a fair amount of the time, even funny!

enigmas
    Free Member

I dunno, it’s fairly gorey and there’s a bit of a weird scene with alot of non-sexual nudity. Probably not for a 12 year old in all honesty but that’s just my opinion.

That said I’m pretty sure I played Fallout 3 around the time I was 12 so I was happily shooting ghouls at that age too.

Drac

Oh right!

I completely forgot that part of his show setting. So, the answer is that it’s a bit Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning.

Poopscoop

^^ I may have a concorde willy but I’ve still got an eye for detail (only for useless stuff like this mind you.)

CountZero

Next you’ll be telling its because you don’t have enough time because you are out riding your bike

No, it’s because I don’t do video games, never have, knew nothing about the series, so had no sodding idea what this thread was about.

I haven’t ridden my bikes for maybe fifteen years, either.

Anything else you need to know?

I am now watching the series, I’m on episode four now, and the moment I saw the ship, and the first of the buildings in the dunes I knew precisely where it was filmed, Swakopmund, in Namibia. But not because of Brian Cox, I’ve known about the place for years, because of the Skeleton Coast.

Enjoying it so far, my kind of humour.
    Apparently the mech suit is fully functional, there’s no CGI used, because of Alien – CGI doesn’t have the same solidity.

mattyfez

I’ve watched the full S1 now, and I realy like it!

I was skeptical at first, with it being a spin-off from the game but…

There are so many nods to the game, and it’s real well done.

Poopscoop

Yeah, it’s a decent series, very different to The Last of Us of course but good in a different way.

As an SF series I prefer Silo and particularly Foundation but it’s definitely a golden era of great SF series either way. 👍

Currently ploughing through For All Man Kind which is very, very good.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.