Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Anyone not riding because it's too cold?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

As a sufferer of piss poor circulation (mild Raynauds), I find my feet turn to blocks of ice when it goes sub-zero. Which is just no fun after 10 miles on the road bike.

….looks like running today.

….but…it’s….such….a…..nice…..day….argggh!

Andyhilton
    Free Member
    skiboy
    Free Member

normally I’m not to bothered by the cold, but this weekend i may have a sunday off the bike, its been a while since i had a day off and it’s bloody freezing here 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Make your mind up Andy. Is it rule 5, or rule 9? 😉

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

not riding because…. had proper flu for a week, went back to work for a week, felt great went riding last sunday and bang; chest infection and another week off work. doctor said you need 3 weeks before you can do aerobic exercise.

and this is the weekend to be riding; rock solid ground, snow and sunshine out there! better than summer

althepal

I’d love to Mtfu but chest infections and asthma do not make happy bedfellows..
    Gutted though cos it’s been cracking weather round here thelast wee while-

hazza123
    Free Member

can’t really complain about the cold check this

kaesae
    Free Member

Oh yes we can, this is STW!

Jamie
    Free Member

can’t really complain about the cold check this

Sorry, I can still complain about the cold*. The fact it is colder somewhere else is not really the issue.

*which I am not really, more about how my body rejects it.

Edit: Hmmm, I appear to sound like an arsey prick in this post. Not my intention.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nah resting because I need a rest.

motorman
    Free Member

For those not going out for non medical reasons…

kaesae
    Free Member

Jamie could you not do yoga to tone up internal organs and increase your circulation?

Jamie
    Free Member

For those not going not for non medical reasons…

Cat Spool?

Kitten Thread?

Feline Cotton?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No chance, was out doing sprint intervals yesterday GRRRRR.

Hope to get out in the snow later GRRRRR.

br
    Free Member

Yesterday was ace, even the field bridleways were rideable as the frost had hardened up the hoof ‘holes’.

And tomorrow should be better with a dusting of snow.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hoping for snow Sunday, but not too much to stop the reliability trial.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yesterday was ace, even the field bridleways were rideable as the frost had hardened up the hoof ‘holes’.

That’s the thing, if I had a MTB I would be out. Just seems on the road, I guess it’s riding faster and feet clipped in, completely kills my feet when it’s below 0.

redfordrider
    Free Member

The Ice Spikers are at the ready….but still no snow….

motorman
    Free Member

This is one of the best times of year to be out riding your bike.
    Wrap up & MTFU, then enjoy the ride 🙄

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Going out for a nice long walk, bike is banned in this weather until my ribs are completely healed. Great weather to be out though! Bet my mates are having fun over Cut gate.

Jamie
    Free Member

This is one of the best times of year to be out riding your bike.
    Wrap up & MTFU, then enjoy the ride

…but the cat thing?

thedanwhalley
    Free Member

i love riding in the cold…i just don the thermal socks and overshoes, winter kit and i find a buff around the neck helps my chest….nice and toasty!

pmc00per
    Free Member

Im not riding as my new son seems more appealing.

metal_leg
    Free Member

Road ride cut short this morning as the cold worked its way through Specialized sub zero gloves, thermal socks and overshoes. Icicles on the beard were interesting.

I am going to buy a buff.

_tom_
    Free Member

Jamie I seem to get numb feet on the road bike when its anything below 6 ish. Don’t get it on the mtb either. Not sure whether it’s thin spd shoes or the fact that your feet don’t really move on a road bike. I’ll still be going out for a few miles before work.

rOcKeTdOg

Jamie+1
    After 3 days riding in minus temps i had yesterday off as my chilblaines were so painfull i was shuffling around like an old man, hoping to get out later, not looking forward to the pain of a warm shower later

momo

I’m not sure if I’ll be riding or not yet, had an off in the ice on thursday and seem to have trashed my rear mech in an unplanned rock/mech interface incident. If I can bodge it up this afty then I’ll be out tomorrow (might be on my own as my mate that I normally go out with is full of cold). If I can’t sort it though I’ll be searching arround for a new XT mech.

Sandwich

It’s car maintenance day here. Blood and skinned knuckles usually the result of working in the cold on an engine.
    Then the road bike needs work as the salt has made shifting interesting!

z1ppy

Properly frozen trails, so much nicer than the sloppy mess we been cycling round in lately (having to pedal down hills!), I can’t wait to get out in a bit!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Sat in the bath with a hot cuppa, i am glad i went out this morning!

The riding conditions at Erlrstoke were good, not perfect, but good enough to null the pain in my fingers and toes!

Get out there before it all goes mushy!

disben

Off riding in a bit – however wont be riding in three weeks time as it will be too cold – Weather in Estonia!

FOG

I was out last night when it was -8 according to the car but it felt colder on the tops!
    Very pleasant 2 hour ride, any longer and I think I would have got seriously cold. It was a beautiful night with good visibility and lots of reflection from the snow.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Rain? No problem.
    Minus something? No problem.
    Mud? Cold puddles? No problem.

Its the high winds I hate, despise cycling in wind! 😕

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Anyone not riding because it's too cold?’ is closed to new replies.