Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone know where i can get dmr chieftain MKII bottem bracket cups?
  • willy
    Free Member

anyone know where i can get some somewhere that still sells them as i think they may not make them anymore?

if not then does anyone have any thay are willing to sell? with or without bearings.

cheers

mike_check
    Free Member

E-Mail DMR from their site, they’ve been fast on the reply with me in the past over spare part enquiries and such. All other ‘consumable’ parts (bearing/washers/axle etc) are still available, probably more of a special case needing just the frame cups.

willy
    Free Member

ok il give it a try… still if anybody has any though then would appreciate that too!! 😀

tails
    Free Member

If i remember correctly DMR are 3 piece cranks Is your bike a mtb/european bottom bracket and how big is the crank spindle 19mm If yes you may well be able to use something like this

willy
    Free Member

explain a bit more how that would work? intreuged.
    it is a 20mm axle aparently according to this…
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/drivetrain/Crankset/dmr/chieftain-/PRD_350925_115crx.aspx

tails
    Free Member

A 20mm axle?? I’d check that with DMR whilst asking for some cups. What I’m saying, basically you have bought a 3 piece crank. These cranks normally come with a 19mm or 22mm spindle/axle. 3 piece cranks are most commonly used on bmx bikes. bmx bikes have 4 different types of bottom bracket american, mid, spanish and european. European bottom brackets are used on mountain bikes so you may be able to use another brand such as above.

tails
    Free Member

have you got a picture of your current bb and axle?

willy
    Free Member

i can take some photos of it but i cant put them on here, if you give me your email adress i can send you one or two if you reckon it will help you help me?

tails
    Free Member

hi my email is ands43@hotmail.com

I had a look on alans bmx website there do seem to be 20mm spindles. you could try calling them as they might be able to help with a DMR alternative.

If you send me pics of the cups and bike bb i will try to shed some light on the problem.

mike_check
    Free Member

http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=7312&cat=8&parent=1001&sid=3

Think these are pretty similar, I have Chieftains and I am pretty sure they would fit with these, as long as the axle diameter is the same it should be fine as the alxe is tightened up from either side by using correct spacers.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

your in luck, got some in my shed looking about £14 posted includes bearings and some spacers aswell.

email me dmoffitt90 at hotmail.co.uk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know where i can get dmr chieftain MKII bottem bracket cups?’ is closed to new replies.