Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone know what happens if ebay seller doesn't respond to case?
  • Jase
    Free Member

Bought a phone that was listed as brand new but isn’t, has scratches on screen, a few marks/small dents on case etc.

So I opened a case on Saturday to ask for a refund and it looks like the seller has 8 days to respond.

I have a feeling he isn’t going to respond as was quick to reply after the sale about payment etc.

Anyone had experience of a seller simply not responding.

weeksy

You win.

Jase
    Free Member

Presumably I then return the phone but what happens if seller doesn’t confirm receipt, how will ebay know when to issue my refund?

dabble
    Free Member

They’ll refund you before you send it probably.

Buyers have all the power now on ebay.

Jase
    Free Member

So I then also get to keep the phone 🙂

dabble
    Free Member

If you are dishonest 😉 , yes.

milky1980
    Free Member

From recent experience:

You start a dispute.
    Seller has 8 days to respond.
    If they don’t respond you automatically win.
    You must provide proof you have posted the item back (signature on delivery via an approved courier).
    Seller has 3 days to issue refund.
    If no refund issued, eBay issues it anyway.

The only way it can take longer is if the seller replies and drags their feet. If this happens keep all communication via eBay, then you can go to their resolution help to speed things up.

chomp
    Free Member

to be honest ebay is now so heavily weighted towards the buyer that I only sell stuff on there that I wouldn’t be too fussed if I didn’t get paid for it.

I was told by ebay that i didn’t have to return something once they had sided with me (bought a ps3 which came with no controllers despite pictures etc showing them). I’d initially asked for a refund of what a controller would cost but they declined and ebay sided with me.

I’m no longer surprised when I hear of people either scamming or being scammed on ebay

CountZero

I’ve only ever had one issue on eBay, when I bought something and the seller just never responded; didn’t send the item, and refused to reply to messages. I opened a case, and continued to try to communicate, and eBay refunded almost straight away, but then I didn’t have to worry about returning anything.

Jase
    Free Member

Cheers all. So it sounds like I’m not going to have too much trouble geeting a refund which is the main thing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know what happens if ebay seller doesn't respond to case?’ is closed to new replies.