Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • anyone know or dealt with …LYONS from forum!
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

As someone who regularlybuys small parts off here, (the joy of building and fettling your own bikes) I must admit to being more wary recently, purely down to and no offence to anyone here as I am yet to actually have a bad experience, the amount of these threads that have started to appear, I always try communicate via email before commiting to a purchase, admittedly I have never spent more than a couple of quid (think max was £30) if I was spending a great deal more, I would like some kind of verbal contact first, but as I said earlier, I like others are probably more wary about buying from here, which is a shame, as in my experience those I have bought of have always been honest and genuine, yep even ton!!*

*only joking mate,

khani
    Free Member

I’d be camped on his doorstep by now, even if he lived miles away
    Bang out of order IMO,
    Unless he’s actually dead or something.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve bought and sold a few parts on here – some for £300+ and so far have only had good experiences – items received within a week or so every time. I do tend to ask for the sellers name, address and landline number for peace of mind on a big purchase (which I’ll check against electoral roll where possible on 192.com). Not because I don’t trust them but it simply pays to be prudent.

Lyons cannot be defended, he sounds like a prize tool. He’s had almost a month to send the goods. He’s ignored emails and contact from the buyer despite clearly being online during that time. That leads to the assumption that he is acting in a less than honest manner.

Sharpen your pitchforks folks, there’s gonna be a lynching.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i bought a wheel from mrclean on here, he even bothered to concoct some story about being ill, defend himself on a thread on here and yet still has never replied to my emails.

i have to say i’ve dozens and dozens of great experiences on here but seeing the rise in these threads has really put me off. i have to say as well that i think stw has managed to stay clear of this for a long time and possibly it’s inevitable it would happen here too

wwaswas

did you get the wheel/refund in the end fontmoss?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

i have to say i’ve dozens and dozens of great experiences on here but seeing the rise in these threads has really put me off.

To be fair, I don’t think there’s a rise in this sort of thing (Or threads about it) I think it’s just the occasional one now and then. But that of course becomes cumulative, so it seems like there’s more of it going on.

🙂

hora
    Free Member

Yeah Andy’s alright. Not a bad bloke at all but has had a pretty rough time of it over this year. He’s certainly not one to screw someone over.

I’d echo Pooks words to a ‘T’. I’ve met Lyons and he doesn’t come across as ill-boned at all. He does come across as chaotic though and I understand he is having a rough time with work/home. Hope all works out well for both sides guys.

neil853
    Free Member

Anyone know who he works for? Where? Worth a phone call to shame him into some action? His actions CAN NOT be explained away, he owes the OP a product or a refund.

boblo
    Free Member

neil853 – Member
    Anyone know who he works for? <snip>

It sounds as if this is the root of the problem….

neninja
    Free Member

I’d echo Pooks words to a ‘T’. I’ve met Lyons and he doesn’t come across as ill-boned at all. He does come across as chaotic though and I understand he is having a rough time with work/home. Hope all works out well for both sides guys.

If you know you will be unable to organise your life to send stuff then you don’t advertise it for sale and certainly don’t take peoples hard earned money and then ignore them.

Disorganised is sending something a week or two late but sending an embarrassed email apologising for your tardiness. Taking someone’s money and ignoring all contact is not a lack of organisation, it could be considered theft.

donsimon
    Free Member

#
    kaesae – Member

Don simone you have insulted my honour and my family will now avenge me! your horses head is in the post please place it on your pillow when it arrives
    Posted 8 hours ago # Report-Post

Hasn’t arrived yet, who do I complain to? 😈

markyboy
    Free Member

update on the saga…i managed to get a hold of him last tuesday and he said “i posted this morning”.no sign by saturday i managed to get a hold of him again and he informed me he had defo posted them…on thusday!!….still no sign! 😥

goog
    Free Member

you need to MTFU and go give him a slap

HTH

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

How can anyone defend this guy. If that was one of my mates I would be seriously considering never riding or having a beer with them ever again. How can you trust someone like that. As said above an incident of something taking 1-2 weeks due to one thing or another, or a set of wheels having two scrathes instead of one can be over looked on the odd occasaion. Robbing someone of there hard earned in these bad economic times and not even replying. Then replying due to no doubt following this thread and making another cock and bull story about posting off, is indeed in warrant of a shoeing! Simple as that. I’m not one to go with the Ton school of justice but why **** about with all the legal crap. A few mates on the doorstep would make all the difference in a lot of these cases. Or a meeting outside work one day. (may be hard in this case)

You have to question people defending Lyons. like hora saying he is a nice guy to ride a bike with. Whats that actually mean in the grand scheme of things. I’m sure plenty of mass murders, rapists and all sorts of dodgy scum bags ride bikes and have various hobbies. Riding a bike must give you saint like status on this forum. No matter how else you conduct your life where it actually matters. Mincing about on the moors on a bike does not mean you are to be trusted anymore than a person in any other context you come to meet in life. That said I have never had a problem on this forum and find the people very good to deal with. I suppose you can take anything hora says with a large pinch of salt!

tails
    Free Member

I’m with Seth broken nose is in order!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Does nobody on here know him well? As in talks to him daily? Somebody must know what’s going on in this case?

Pook

Seth, hora was just backing up a point I made about Andy. Your incredulation(sic) should be directed at me not him.

That said, I’ve tried to get hold of Andy to no avail, and do feel let down by this.

Shame really.

Sorry Mark(yboy) – I have tried.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLs at don simon

hora
    Free Member

seth-enslow666 I hear where you are coming from. I consider myself to be a fairly good judge of character (sadly the opposite with builders) and Lyons struck me as a good bloke but struggling to keep it together. I’m not defending or having a go at him. He was self-employed but from what I gather work was drying up and bills were pilling up.

I wouldn’t put him anywhere near the same box as that con artist (IWH?) from Plymouth a while back who royally systematically ripped off a large number of STW’ers. That fella set out to defraud.

Lyons will reappear and he’ll come good.

Hence my comment, hope it works out well for both sides.

oldgit
    Free Member

I know what you mean Hora. I rode with him once, he seemed the real deal, one of us. I think he raced and had trade or shop links.
    Anyway he needs he’s arse smacked for buying a new frame when be was financially in trouble, didnt Ragleys come out after his ptoblems?

markyboy
    Free Member

well the frame arrived yesterday!!…in the worst packaging ive ever seen.postie was pissing himself!!..frame looks like its done more than a few gentle rides on woodsy singletrack!!.more like a season in whistler but it is in one piece with no dents.forks are ok but not mint!.but at least they have arrived….4weeks 2days later 😐

Andyhilton
    Free Member

It would be nice if he came on here to defend himself. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again ‘He’s a tool’. Should be banned.

pastcaring
    Free Member

@markyboy, glad you got your frame/forks. 4 weeks + is to long to wait…

i agree with andyh! scammers should be banned!

hora
    Free Member

markyboy – whats the date on the parcel?

markyboy
    Free Member

Nothing but a handwritten address on the box!!

hora
    Free Member

It would be nice if he came on here to defend himself

I really think hes having a hard time. Hes a good lad deep down.

If he comes back on stw- seriously don’t give him hassle lads- he posted it.. I’m not the fastest to post items and I have received items at a leisurely pace.

Gooner
    Free Member

if wasn’t a scammer and/or dishonest he would have been on here to defend himself no matter how hard a time he is allegedly having

Pook

i agree with andyh! scammers should be banned!

The goods have arrived. I don’t see where he’s scammed anyone or been dishonest.

Yes it’s pretty shoddy that they’re so late. Yes it’s pretty shoddy that he didn’t respond to communications and the package has turned up in a less than pristine condition – though the buyer says they’re ok.

I’m not defending him saying how he’s gone about doing it is acceptable, I’m not saying people’s gripes here aren’t justified (I’d be pretty hacked off too), but he hasn’t scammed anyone.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

No sorry Mark but it’s not the first time he’s done it and I’m sure he’ll end up doing it again. Probably next time he’s skint. I’m not the fastest to post things either but I always keep in contact.

hora
    Free Member

He posted them. If he was a scammer the OP would have never seen the items would he?

Wouldn’t it be easier just to never visit the forum ever again and trouser the money? Just use a different login on different forums?

Have you thought he might not be on here at the moment due to monetry reasons? When moneys tight would you have an internet connection in your home? 😐

Edit- I’ve just had an email from another STW’er.

From what has just been said, I really feel for him. Well done for doing the honest thing.

If I’m brutally honest I don’t know if I’d have posted the items in his situation.

chakaping
    Free Member

Stop defending the pillock, unless you’d be prepared to send him money in exchange for things yourself.

Just because you’re ridden with someone, it doesn’t make them any more honest than somebody you’ve never met.

Sheesh.

hora
    Free Member

If I reach 60 before I turn bitter I’ll see my life as an achievement.

IanMunro
    Free Member

if wasn’t a scammer and/or dishonest he would have been on here to defend himself no matter how hard a time he is allegedly having

Unless say he was say having a mental breakdown.
    Not that I’m saying he is, I know nothing about the chap. But just seeing things from one given angle doesn’t give you the full picture.

pastcaring
    Free Member

your right he’s not a scammer, but he took the money 4 weeks ago, so had the funds to post it 4 weeks ago?

i’m guessing if he was self employed he works in the construction industry. me to, i know how hard the last couple of years have been. it’s never good waiting to get payed! if at all!

edit: i wrote some other stuff, but maybe i should give him a break. maybe he just needs to say away from the classifieds.

Pook

Chapaking, I’d be prepared to send him money for something, having ridden with and built a level of trust with the guy. There are others I’ve ridden with who I wouldn’t trust as far as I could throw them.

Please don’t presume to tell me who I’m allowed to trust.

Pastcaring: +1 your last sentence.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If I’m brutally honest I don’t know if I’d have posted the items in his situation.

And exactly how would stealing off someone make ‘his situation’ any better?

boblo
    Free Member

For all you hand wringers that think this bloke is much maligned, why not offer to underwrite any future misbehaviour from him so people can buy from him with the same confidence you are showing…

No? Thought not… as they say, talk is cheap.

bigyinn
    Free Member

An apology or some sort of contact would have been nice though!

hora
    Free Member

Agree with the doubters to a degree. Its difficult when you’ve met the guy and spoken to him. That puts a different spin on your thoughts.

Yes, I’ve ridden with some folk who I wouldn’t ride with again. I tend to class myself as having a good judge of character (sadly not with builders who promise you the world and deliver you a bill).

Pook

Bigyinn + 1.

Boblo, have you just come on to stir? I’ve not said he’s ‘much maligned’. I’ve said his actions have been pretty shoddy.
    I assured Mark that in my own personal judgement, Lyons was not going to scam him, as the initial thread had a fear of that happening (much as these ‘Anyone dealt with…’ threads do.).

My assertion that Andy was not scamming, ie: the frame and forks have arrived, was true. I stand 100% behind my initial comments, and subsequent comments on here.

Andy is not a scammer.
    He’s been crap at keeping comms open, and staying in touch about what’s going on with the sale/delivery. I think he’d admit that himself.
    I don’t know what his current situation is so I can’t offer up that he is currently ‘much maligned’. I’ve said all along he’s disorganised to say the least. I’ve also said all along he’s a genuine bloke who wouldn’t scam someone. Especially not on here. He hasn’t scammed anyone, stolen anything or defrauded anyone.

Yes an apology would help.

Oh, and thanks for describing me as a ‘hand wringer’. Throughout the entirety of this thread I’ve steered clear of labels and name calling and have simply presented the facts as I know them. I’ll continue in this vein too should this thread continue.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘anyone know or dealt with …LYONS from forum!’ is closed to new replies.