Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • anyone know or dealt with …LYONS from forum!
  • Pook

Bigyinn + 1.

Boblo, have you just come on to stir? I’ve not said he’s ‘much maligned’. I’ve said his actions have been pretty shoddy.
    I assured Mark that in my own personal judgement, Lyons was not going to scam him, as the initial thread had a fear of that happening (much as these ‘Anyone dealt with…’ threads do.).

My assertion that Andy was not scamming, ie: the frame and forks have arrived, was true. I stand 100% behind my initial comments, and subsequent comments on here.

Andy is not a scammer.
    He’s been crap at keeping comms open, and staying in touch about what’s going on with the sale/delivery. I think he’d admit that himself.
    I don’t know what his current situation is so I can’t offer up that he is currently ‘much maligned’. I’ve said all along he’s disorganised to say the least. I’ve also said all along he’s a genuine bloke who wouldn’t scam someone. Especially not on here. He hasn’t scammed anyone, stolen anything or defrauded anyone.

Yes an apology would help.

Oh, and thanks for describing me as a ‘hand wringer’. Throughout the entirety of this thread I’ve steered clear of labels and name calling and have simply presented the facts as I know them. I’ll continue in this vein too should this thread continue.

kaesae
    Free Member

This kind if thing is common place, I spent the last 5 years buying used parts and reselling them. To be honest it’s not even worth my while doing it any more, since the recession it’s gotten so much worse.

markyboy can we see the description of the frame / forks and the actual condition of it?

A lot of people are having a rough time just now, but that doesn’t justify giving other people a hard time or making their lives stressful.

I’ve been in this possition hundreds of times, infact I just got a refund yesterday on a frame that had stripped bb threads.

The guy that sold me the frame was cool and simply refunded my money, however a lot of the time nowadays the person selling you the item will not even admit that there is a problem.

Anyone looking to buy a full sus frame let me know and I’ll talk you through checking the frame and the shock.

For a lot of people if they get ripped off! they will lose out on all the money they have for a new frame or parts.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He hasn’t scammed anyone, stolen anything or defrauded anyone.

Give it time……

And the OP only got his goods after kicking up a fuss, which I’m sure Lyons knows about

hora
    Free Member

kaesae I’ve returned two sets of forks bought off longtime STW’ers on STW. Funnily both were Maguras and another ocassion a set of Lyriks with stanchion damage. You could say peoples idea of condition is subjective but I felt clearly had.

Lyons doesn’t have a phone, running water or internet access.

wwaswas

I don’t want to make things worse for Lyons but he clearly managed to sort out internet access long enough to do the sale and take someone’s money.

hora – I think that, rather than defending him you ought to let the thread die.

People will either think ‘poor bloke he’s fallen on hard times let’s cut him some slack’ or ‘he shouldn’t have made the sale if he couldn;t complete it’ and you’re nto likely to change anyones mind either way.

hora
    Free Member

I hope none of you work as probationary officers 😆

boblo
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    <snip> Boblo, have you just come on to stir?

<snip>Andy is not a scammer.

<snip Oh, and thanks for describing me as a ‘hand wringer’. Throughout the entirety of this thread I’ve steered clear of labels and name calling

No, I came here to reinforce the point that people who have time to place ads should ensure they have time to post goods before accepting payment

He may not be a scammer but his actions are enough to cause people grief wondering if they are going to get their stuff or not. I don’t care about his personal situation. If he can be bothered to post for sale ads he should be bothered to send stuff out promptly.

Hand wringing? Oh dear. If that’s the sumtotal of your complaint you need to get a thicker skin. When defending people like Lyons, be prepared to take some flak. Mud sticks and all that.

Incidently I did notice a distinct lack of stepping up from Lyons’ mates when I suggested you may like to underwrite his behaviour?

Why am I not surprised?

ton

hora………..are you bumming him………… 😉

boblo
    Free Member

ton – Member
    hora………..are you bumming him…………

No. He’s in the queue behind… No, best let that one go 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

Incidently I did notice a distinct lack of stepping up from Lyons’ mates when I suggested you may like to underwrite his behaviour?

Why am I not surprised?

a)Because it was a ridiculous suggestion and you know it.
    b)Because no-one claimed to be his mate.
    c)Because it was an obvious troll.
    d)All of the above.

Which is it?

boblo
    Free Member

e) none of the above

HTH

donsimon
    Free Member

Surely scammers are only successful because they prey on people’s greed.

nuke

Surely scammers are only successful because they prey on people’s greed trust.

Fixed

donsimon
    Free Member

No, I was right, it’s greed not trust. 🙄

wwaswas

it’s greed not trust

surely selling something you own and have pictures of for a fair market rate and someone paying you for it is not relying on the buyers greed to be a scammer, only their trust and your inability to post it once you have the money ?

donsimon
    Free Member

If you know the person well enough to trust them, then you will buy without problems.
    If you don’t know them well enough the trust is mis-placed and you’re taking a risk.
    All that goes out of the window when there is a bargain to be had!

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

So Lyons as done this quite a few times! Each time it seems the person being ripped off cough cough er well him just being lazy to post stuff and not being on the ball cough! So When he does it again and the next thread comes up in the same vain At least you will know you will get your goods after a very long wait, false promises of posting and no communications. Well make up you own minds to buy goods off this guy. I’m guessing if anyone does it will be Hora or some dude who has never heard of him on the forum. So how many hard times has he had? It looks like about 4 at least going on previous threads. No doubt this thread has kicked him up the arse to do something. He never posted on the thread either.

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘anyone know or dealt with …LYONS from forum!’ is closed to new replies.