Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone in or around Sheffield able to remove me a ht11 chainset?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

As above ordered the wrong one and had it fitted, now i need it removing so that i can sell it or send it back.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Got the tools here – i am 30 mins from sheffield

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Why not just remove the cjhainset and keep the bb (send the buyer the new one when it arrives?)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

oh thats a good idea, still got to find a buyer yet or i'll be leaving the wrong chainset on the HT.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Buy the right one – wait for it to come, send the wrong one back with the new BB – job done.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

is that not fraud?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

why? you bought abb and chainset (presume XT) and you send back a chainset and bb (xt i presume. No issue imo

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

yeah but the chainset i send back will have a different ratio 48/36/26 and im not sure i like the idea or scamming them.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

you are missing the point – the 48/36/26 chainset send back to whom you bought it from. Include the bb from the correct chainset in the box as they are the same. No scamming or under hand dealing to be done.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ah that makes a lot more sense, ill just have to check they will give me a refund.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i bought it form cyclestore.co.uk and they fitted it for me so i guess im stuck.

Why i didn't look before i pressed buy is beyond me.

mrh86

Speak to them nicely – they might swap just the chainrings

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

will do. caan i just do that? as you can tell im pretty useless with attention to detail.

mrh86

Worth a shot. say that you'll buy the normal chainset from them. Leave the fitted BB on your bike and just swap the chainrings.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i'll see what cyclestore.co.uk say, failing that im just gonna keep this one on and not use the big ring. Im just worried that my 2010 top pull deore front mech will not work with this chainset.

mrh86

The mech should work fine….. Click Here (Shimano Tech Docs)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in or around Sheffield able to remove me a ht11 chainset?’ is closed to new replies.