Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone got any GPS files/maps for trails in Switzerland
  • underthesun
    Free Member

Thinking of doing a trip there soon and don’t particular want to pay for a guide. Can anyone point me in the direction of some trail info??

RHSno2
    Free Member

Pay me and I’ll tell ya where to look on a map. 🙂

snaps
    Free Member

Where abouts in Switzerland? I’m sure I’ve got some from the Zermatt valley but the tourist board is good for maps & sign posting made it difficult to get lost.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member
    gusamc
    Free Member

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/hbFinder/bFinder.cfm

it looks brill, if you use it would appreciate knowing how good it actually is

thanks

DavidM
    Free Member

Those two sites are genius. Don;t suppose versions exist for italian alps aswell do they????

iRideSpesh
    Free Member

Here you go, plenty of gps routes, you even specify the region

http://www.gps-tour.info/en/

iRideSpesh

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

the other thing with Switzerland is that you’re not really allowed on trails that aren’t official bike trails or aren’t fireroads… so any official sites won’t be showing you the singletrack footpaths… not really an issue except for touristy areas like Verbier / Zermatt and the like. Hence Bike Verbier no longer actually based in Verbier…

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Bike Verbier are no longer based in Verbier because they have found a better chalet giving access to the same trails + loads more around the Valais and beyond. Verbier is not like the Portes du Soleil with thousands of bikers riding there every week. People get the wrong impression of Verbier because it is a lively winter resort.

scruff
    Free Member

I think Flow MTB just caught one :-0

RHSno2
    Free Member

‘not really an issue except for touristy areas like Verbier / Zermatt and the like’

Should read: ‘Not really an issue except for retarded/backward areas like Verbier’

They are fools.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Not BikeVerbier but Verbier!!

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Well – you could say that about England with their no cycling on footpaths law. same thing really.

And yep – being further down the valley gives loads more scope for the other trails around – And they are good- my post wasn’t intended as any sort of put down Mr Scruff! If the Valais area wasn’t a 2 hour drive from here I’d certainly be there more often!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got any GPS files/maps for trails in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.