Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Anyone got a Mini Countryman Cooper
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Looking at the 4 door diesel version, as a cheap company car option.
    For some reason I don’t like the BMW series 1 or Audi A3, I like the Golf but the GT isn’t on the list.
    I can get BMW series 3 saloon and touring, but would rather have a loaded small car.
    The company car list is 41 pages long? but that’s more down to the gazillions of variations of the same cars.

If I can swing a Countryman diesel ‘S’ Cooper, then I’ll grab one. All black with black alloys.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I will point at you. I will laugh. As will everyone else.

sc-xc

Holy goodness. I just had to google it.

It’s flipping horrible.

project
    Free Member

The most hideous car ever thrown together by a partially sighted woman .

Get the option of dark windows, so you cant see people laughing as you drive past.

donsimon
    Free Member

Why?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I will point at you. I will laugh. As will everyone else. clearly have issues for which I need to compensate by belittling the choices of others which have no impact on my life. Life as a sakes rep leaves me wanting. A lot.

Bit of fixing. Don’t be such a sad sack to people. It’s not very nice.

MoreCashThanDash

Normally I’d agree with DD – too much ranting and mockery of other peoples personal choices on here recently.

But a Mini Countryman! 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup, horrific and one of the few purchases that deservedly comes with a lot of flack.

And don’t even mention the coupe, saw one the other day, I vomited in disgust and shat myself laughing at the same time.

st

I had one as a loan car when my 3 series went in for a service a few weeks back. I wanted to like it but it wasn’t much fun. I had a 4×4 Cooper and it seemed sluggish and had loads of body roll.

At the time I was looking for a replacement for the BMW and have now ended up with a regular Mini Cooper D which is very small (impractical) inside but so much better to drive. If a 3 series M Sport is an option get one of those, ace cars.

I reckon the Countryman just loses the point of the Mini.

oldgit
    Free Member

Coz it’s actually fun to drive.

The Series 1’s and A3’s were dull, as were the Golfs TBH.

I’ve not tried anything from Ford or Vauxhall, or any Japanese and French offerings.
    I don’t want a small engined Series 3. I have a 57 plate 320 M Sport at the moment, plus I don’t want to pay higher taxes just for the sake of having a Series 3 company car.

oldgit
    Free Member

Is it that bad?

higgo
    Free Member

It’s foul.

oldgit
    Free Member

They offer the Countryman 4X4, it’s dreadful like you say. Slow, rolls and very poor economy.

project
    Free Member

What about its twin ugly sister, the nissan duke.

higgo
    Free Member

You’re already an old git (don’t worry, so am I).
    But in that you’ll be a sad old git.

oldgit
    Free Member

Well I’m not getting a Touran. Ooooh it’ll be good for your bikes, so everyone in the office says.

oldgit
    Free Member

What about its twin ugly sister, the nissan duke.

I can get the Nissan cashCard.

st

oldgit, that makes things a bit clearer. If you’ve driven one and like it then why not go for it? I had the chance to go big, soft and practical or small and fun and opted for the latter (with encouragement from my wife).

If a certain type of car doesn’t float your boat where another does then it becomes a no brainer.

Of course this doesn’t fit in the STW clique view of not spending more on a car than you would on a pair of bars and so on ;o)

oldgit
    Free Member

In the flesh it seems less feminine than the Audi/BMW offerings.
    It’s a hoot drive and fairly practical with the large hatch, flat floor and fold down seats.
    It should be okay in the winter as well.
    Shame I can’t have the 135MPH clubman, has to have four doors.

donsimon
    Free Member

oldgit – Member

Coz it’s actually fun to drive.
    In that case go for it, it’s us poor sods that’ll have to look at it, not you.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Oldgit – I’ve got mine Cooper D Countryman as a company car 4 weeks ago and I love it, I’ve had a removable tow bar fitted so no worries with the bikes on the back, there’s an electric socket aready in place for the tail board.

Yes it’s a love or hate car, but so are all my bikes. 0-60 around 10.5seconds, low emisions, 45mpg with my heavy right foot, back seats slide forward to give you more room in the boot.

Tiger6791

Grass needs sorting

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Not my grass, it’s next doors 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnAhv26AEBw[/video]

anto164
    Free Member

It looks shit. Get a nissan qasquai instead.

Don’t bother, otherwise we will point, and laugh… Hard.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Qasquai was my first thought but the emmisions are really high and over the next 5 years the tax changes will make them so, so expensive to run.

Company cars WILL need to be smaller in the future, unless you are happy to pay more in tax

Woody
    Free Member

Great ad ^^

I like them.

In saying that it may be worth pointing out I own Ford Cougar, Maverick ML8 and a Suzuki RF900 😳

oldgit
    Free Member

Company cars WILL need to be smaller in the future, unless you are happy to pay more in tax

Indeed, plus I do zero motorway miles. Mostly darting around lanes and built up areas.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Wow that is tacky, really tacky.

konabunny
    Free Member

Life as a sakes rep leaves me wanting

Life as a sakes rep would be great – think of all the free samples you’d get! Hic!

tony_m
    Free Member

I would, if…

a) I was still working, and

b) somebody would give me a car.

🙄

Del

sorry, but both examples illustrated make me want to vomit. black or white normally straighten things out too.
    really? you can’t make a 1 series or a polo/fabia work?
    honestly if i thought it’d work i’d say so.

ivantate
    Free Member

I think its a good choice if you look at it as a small hatch rather than a 4wd mini. I prefer them with more basic trim and whoever thought that chrome panel around the numberplate was a good idea needs sacking.
    Not seen many SDs around in any flavour here or in europe so far.

Clubman is actually listed as a 4 door…….

Monster101

The wife has one as her runabout for the kids, loves it, good fuel mpg, avg 50+ on the mway loads of room inside good build quality and reasonable in snow! Quick change gear box is ace

We went for the cooper d with chilli pack and Bluetooth boost,

Go for it

Alan

derekrides
    Free Member

Nice paint job JohnClimber, I also have the Cooper S Diesel countryman, don’t listen to the bottom feeders they’re just jealous it’s a really blinding car, it’s now shared with the breadknife now my truck has turned up, but I still prefer to go anywhere in either a hurry or distance in the Mini.

Took it down to the Alps in record time, never went less than a ton all the way and it still returned 30 mpg average. Had it in the snow it handles really well and there’s a bit of room for luggage, not fitted a bike rack but then I’ve got the truck for that.

I love the bluetooth phone connectivity and the steering wheel controls of the radio etc, not much about it I don’t like really, it takes the Germans to really show Brits how to make stuff properly..

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I like it.

easygirl

I like the look of it in all Black
    It would look much better with bigger wheels
    Is that an option

anagallis_arvensis

Its not that bad really but its the fact it has a mini badge on it. It just makes me want to kick cats. Whoever designed it should be thrown to the dogs. Must make the original mini designer turn cartwheels in his grave.

johnners
    Free Member

derekrides – Member

Nice paint job JohnClimber, I also have the Cooper S Diesel countryman, don’t listen to the bottom feeders they’re just jealous it’s a really blinding car, it’s now shared with the breadknife now my truck has turned up, but I still prefer to go anywhere in either a hurry or distance in the Mini.

Still want one?

oldgit
    Free Member

easygirl, the all black version has 17″ wheels already.

I know what you mean about the Mini badge, the cars hardly ‘mini’ it’s about the size of a Golf.

Edit, they do look small in that image?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Mini Countryman Cooper’ is closed to new replies.