Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • What's the worst thing you've ever had to drink? Medicines, beverages etc.
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Two things are prominent in my memory for being utterly ghastly.

The first I called “worm stuff.” It’s what our parents gave me as a kid when they suspected some intestinal wormage. I don’t recall the product name but it was a powder that came in satchets. The powder was disolved in tap water to produce a purple solution that had a uniquely vile taste and smell that filled your mouth, nose, ears and brain. It had my gag reflex going like a ungoverned steam piston *does a little sick in mouth and swallows*

The second, much more recently ingested was a radiographic contrast agent called Gastrografin. I was started on this about 16 hours before an abodominal CT scan and had to drink glass after glass. Absolutely f-o-u-l. There was a hint of aniseed but that failed to make it remotely palatable. Good lord – my uvula is twitching just thinking about glugging the stuff down.

Oh and Robinson’s bitter….

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

MDMA solution. Truely the worst taste on earth

bigrich

my Nanna used to have Kaolin and morph for stomach upsets. horrible to start with, but so moreish.

sssimon
    Free Member

some Polish drink that tasted like boot polish and old books

Clobber
    Free Member

Badgers Blandford Fly, positively disgusterous

Lifer
    Free Member

Cola.

Seriously, wtf?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Lager. Its shite.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Mushroom tea with ribena OR mushroom tea with thunderbird

organic355
    Free Member

iDave
    Free Member

Airag – fermented horse milk – luke warm, fatty, alcoholic, dirt and hair floating in it

neninja
    Free Member

Bleach

I had glandular fever and my throat wouldn’t stop bleeding so the hospital made me gargle bleach solution several times a day. It made my lips crack and bleed.

Harry_the_Spider

Some #### once dumped a load of cayene pepper in my brew… oh hang on a moment… that was you Mr Starship.

On Scout camp many years ago due to an untidy patrol box and a lack of light me and my mate once made an ern of tea with 7 tea bags and a Brillo. Tangy.

morgs
    Free Member

Sambuca. Nuff said.

wwaswas

my mate once made an ern of tea with 7 tea bags and a Brillo. Tangy.

🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

A mix of sherry and baileys…. 😯

PJM1974
    Free Member

Tequila *voms*

At a recent cider festival I was given a suspiciously pale looking liquid in a pint glass that smelled like a tramp’s pee. I’ve never tasted tramps’ pee but I daresay it probably compares favourably with that cider.

And cinzano. At the tender age of sixteen I managed to get off with an otherwise unfeasibly hot girl at a party who’d been downing the stuff. The taste is still with me twenty one years later.

Harry_the_Spider

Tis true! The cups were cleaner after the brew than before it*. After a week on camp you could eat or drink anything without fear of causing harm.

*That bit isn’t true.

2hottie
    Free Member

A cement mixer one drunken night at the pub,

consists of one measure of Baileys and one measure of Cointreau in same glass.

Had to drink it but keep the horrid solution in my mouth and swill it for a minute! it turns in to a lovely past hence cement mixer.

Never again.

Lifer
    Free Member

Had to drink it

mike_p
    Free Member

Stroh 80, some revolting Austrian rum that’s the same alcoholic strengh as aftershave. If you put ice in it the exothermic reaction between the alcohol & water makes the bloody stuff heat up – you can feel it burning all the way as it goes down! Then 15 minutes later the lights go out.

monksie
    Free Member

Semi liquidised charcoal (or close derivative). Happily (in as much you can be happy in these situations), I wasn’t aware of it until afterwards. That was bad enough though.

ebygomm
    Free Member

The first I called “worm stuff.” It’s what our parents gave me as a kid when they suspected some intestinal wormage. I don’t recall the product name but it was a powder that came in satchets

Pripsen, I’d agree there

Closely followed by a root beer float, can’t believe anyone would drink that for fun.

BoardinBob

Barium meal was unpleasant but not horrendous.

Some ridiculous super strength Polish vodka made me vomit instantly

The smell of tequila makes me gag and the taste would invoke instant vomit

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tequila

Rank stuff – makes me gag.

Ohh, and that ‘coal’ cough syrup we used to be given as kids.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

+1 for Fosters lager.

iDave
    Free Member

had some cheap mongolian vodka once that didn’t make you feel drunk, but made you feel a wave of toxicity through your body for about 10 minutes. tasted nice though. love tequila.

RustySpanner

I like Stroh rum! Nice in tea.

They do a weaker version, yellow label instead of orange IIRC.

Jaegermeister is vile, as is anything with aniseed.

Mushroom tea, neat, is probably the worst though.

IHN

Guinness and tomato juice *shudders at memory*

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dr Pepper.

derek_starship
    Free Member

ebygomm – after all these years (30+) I now know what it’s called.

Ta 😀

nosemineb
    Free Member

Had some Green tea the other day which my other half then commented that my breath smelt like BO! Other than that probably cod liver oil medicine, I did not like that at all.
    The green tea was perhaps a bit strong and tasted like cigarettes and smelt like it to.

TimP
    Free Member

Campari and Bells whisky. Or just neat Campari

user-removed
    Free Member

+1 to the kids’ worming drink – my mum told me it was milkshake.

+1 also to mushy brew. The secret is to keep condensing it until it’s the consistency of treacle – at that point, a couple of swallows is enough 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

at a particularly boring party, we decided to make cocktails from the contents of the kitchen cupboard – by far the worst was fosters lager with a chicken stock cube and soy sauce mixer

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Pernod

xcgb
    Free Member

Unicum – in Budapest
    even the name cannot hint at how awful it is

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Tibetan Yak butter tea. A big group of us had it thrust upon us, and everyone that drank it and wasn’t a Tibetan guide was instantly sick. It was pretty exciting.

Closely followed by some sort of fermented raisin, pigeon blood and mashed antler concoction – also in Tibet.

Closely followed by Deuchars IPA.

Lifer
    Free Member

xcgb – Member
    Unicum – in Budapest
    even the name cannot hint at how awful it is

😆

surlynot
    Free Member

1/3rd of a pint of Orkney Skull Splitter at a pub in York.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Some home made bramble wine that was still fermenting.
    4 or 5 of us sat round, drunk wanting more to booze when someone suggested the demijohn of homebrew in the cupboard
    “Don’t the bubbles mean it’ss till fermenting?”
    “yup, but it means it’s got some alcohol as well”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘What's the worst thing you've ever had to drink? Medicines, beverages etc.’ is closed to new replies.