• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone give me an Idiots guide to Fox Talas forks and RP2?
  • dr_adams
    Free Member

Hi,
    Have just brought a bike with These two items on, and i’m slightly confused, rather than play and hope anyone give me a beginngers guide to thtese, how to setup and the like, would check foxs website but would prefer honest advice! i’m on he wrong side of 15 stone and do easy trails, (no massive jumps, am happily too chicken!)
    Would be so grateful!

timraven

I found Fox site is excellent as a starting point then play with adjustment until it suits you.

I like a fork to use all it’s travel on any good ride but it’s a matter of taste.

Wipe the stanchions clean after every ride and dribble some chain lube round the seals and you should avoid the widely reported wear problems, which in a year of hard riding I haven’t had. Enjoy

dr_adams
    Free Member

thank you:) am always a bit cautious to makers websites as they aren’t as open as sometimes i would like, so nice to know!

CHB

I have just serviced mine today (Fox Vanilla 2005 RLC forks) for the first time. To be honest, they didn’t need it, internals were clean as a whistle.

THE SECRET WITH FOX FORKS IS:

Wipe the stantions clean after each ride, including the gunk that builds up round the seals.

Keep the stantions lubed, I use a mix of finish line teflon after cleaning, and finish line cross country dribbled on just prior to a ride.

Also store the bike inverted every once in a while, that foam wiper seal can soak up a lot of oil, but the bike needs to be inverted for a few hours fo this to happen.

Other than that I would not fret too much. Having had my forks appart this weekend I am increasingly impressed with Fox stuff.

CHB

oh one last tip…download the PDF’s for your model fork and shock, fox only keep about 3 years worth on their site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone give me an Idiots guide to Fox Talas forks and RP2?’ is closed to new replies.