Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone experience of a Giro Montana MIPS or Mavic Crossmax Pro helmet?
  • Alex

I know both fit as I’ve tried them on before. I ended up buying a Scott Stego instead. Which now has two quite big dents in it after I threw myself roughly to the ground yesterday. In fact it had another dent from last year when I did something similar, so time to retire it I think.

I’d buy another one but *only* paid £80 for it and now I can only find it full price or for £115 in a colour I don’t like.  I’ve always had a Giro sized head and only recently retired my night riding Hex.  I do quite like that Mavic tho and the one I tried fitted really well.

Any experience of either? If not, I’ll probably buy another Scott as it’s clearly done it’s job so far.

jam-bo

Montaro is good. Some have had a lot of issues with the pads failing, I haven’t.

firestarter
    Free Member

Montero here very good fit I tried a bell that felt great but couldn’t wear sunglasses with

guandax
    Free Member

Montaro is the most comfortable helmet I’ve owned.  Although, the peak is big, which creates a large shadow from a lid mounted light when night riding – but you get used to it.

Just bought one of these as a backup helmet which I can’t fault for £14.99 : https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HECAEND/carnac-enduro-mtb-helmet

Murray

I’ve got a Montaro. First pads failed after 6 months, replacements are fine. Visor bolts snapped in head/tree interface incident so I’ve replaced those too. Very comfortable and the visor can be rotated upwards out of line of sight when it’s not sunny.

Alex

Looks like the Giro then. Tredz have them on offer. Whether they have them in stock is another matter…

orena45

I had a Giro Hex years ago that fitted great. Bought a Montaro at the start of winter in medium but it was too small so replaced it with a large. With my Buff on, the large fits fine but with it off, it’s a bit too loose I’m now discovering. Fine when standing but as soon as I’m riding, every little bump makes it tip forward. I’ve cut a headband out of an old Buff for now but I might have to get rid of it if it’s too annoying.

Great helmet otherwise, I like the big visor and it’s great that you can move it up right out of the way but I would definitely double check sizing if, like me, you’re in between sizes.

pothead
    Free Member

Used a Montero for around 2 years now, no problems with pads and easily most comfortable lid I’ve ever worn, paid around £85 so bit of a bargain as well

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Montaro owner, really nice lid.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Another happy Montaro owner here. Had the pads issue but the warranty replacement pads have been ok so far.

honourablegeorge

+1 Montaro with no.pad issues. Great lid

senorj

I tried the “mips” one one the other day in lbs, it’s really wide!Stormtroopertastic!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone experience of a Giro Montana MIPS or Mavic Crossmax Pro helmet?’ is closed to new replies.