Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone ever caught a bus between Paris CDG and Orly airports?
  • danti

Just wondering how much of a hassle it is?

I think Easyjet fly into Terminal 3 @ CDG but am not sure which terminal(s) I can catch the bus at?

Does anyone know of a website in english that I can get info on this?

Cheers

nbt

I did it about 15 years ago, but things will have changed since then

try google for cdg airport, result 3 is in english

br
    Free Member

Orly is a bit of a dog to get to, a not the nicest place when you get there – can't you fly direct (to wherever it is you are going)?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

The wife has used the navette service from CDG into Paris, and it was pretty sorted. Personally I find CDG a wierd airport, not easy to navigate round, and T3 is almost like a hanger a distance away from the other terminals, so you'll be busing from T3 to T1 or T2.

Have you looked at the Air France website, they fly out of T2 and might well run shuttle services between CDG & Orly that you could use.

konabunny
    Free Member
    Frankenstein
    Free Member

I found faster and easier to just catch the tube.

danti

If I could fly direct believe me I would but due to fact that the direct flights have already been booked up so I've got to get from CDG to Orly.

ocrider

RER to Denfert, then the Orlybus, done.

danti

Cheers for the info.

What's RER?

I'll have luggage with me so catching the bus rather than the tube would be preferable to lugging round heavy bags and however many changes are required to get there.

Flaperon

Had to do it a few times when working out of both. RER (Paris underground) is definitely the way to go. Cheap, utterly reliable, and a doddle to use. If you want to spend the day in Paris you can get a tourist day rider, about €18 which lets you use any train or bus in the Paris area.

IIRC you ride the blue line from CDG to Antony, then change to go the airport. If you're just buying a simple ticket then you'll have to pay more for the ride to the airport, or you could grab a taxi from anywhere near Rungis.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

The rail service in Paris RER – quick and simple but smelly.

I flew into CDG and OH flew from Australia to Orly and we ended meeting on French subway as we heading the same route.

ocrider

If you're just buying a simple ticket then you'll have to pay more for the ride to the airport

And thats why you get off at Denfert and take the Orlybus instead 😉

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

What ocrider said. The RER is a kind of express metro. IIRC the line from CDG goes all the way through to the station closest to Orly, then pickup shuttle bus. Train station is between terminal 2 and terminal 3

gnasher
    Free Member

Used Orly -> CDG in Jan [should have been Geneva to Newcastle but it became a protracted 48 hr excursion because of snow]. We jumped on the bus just outside the terminal building. I think it was 24 Euro and took about an hour & 15 mins

danti

ocrider – is the station Denfert-Rochereau? (Just looking at RER map)

This might sound like more of a doer as it will get me nearer to Orly without being affected by traffic on the roads.

Cheers

GrahamS

[IMg]http://www.codeodor.com/images/orly.jpg[/img]

molgrips
    Free Member

I had to get the bus to Montparnasse from CDG once. Waited for 45 minutes, nothing showed up, so I had to then make a mad dash for the RER which was slow, scary and made me miss my fuggin train. Which was the last train on Christmas Eve 🙁

fwb2006
    Free Member

I travelled through cdg last night and it reminded me why I hate it, you land, get a bus to a the terminal come out through security, get a bus to a different terminal re enter security then get another bus to your plane!. Ffs whoever 'designed' that travesty needs shooting. Worth it for the weather here in montpellier though.

ocrider

is the station Denfert-Rochereau? (Just looking at RER map)

Thats the one for the sneaky transfer, otherwise stay on until Antony.

Worth it for the weather here in montpellier though.

Isnt it just 8)

fwb2006
    Free Member

Sure is. Quite fancy bringing my bike next time I'm here in a few weeks. Anywhere you recommend to eat?? And crikey there are some real hunnies around here!!!!

ocrider

Les bains de Montpellier (behind the opera comedie) nice place,good menu on the slate,changes every day.

Le Reserve Rimbaud got their first michelin star last year, didnt hike the prices,also a really nice place although not quite in the city centre (its overlooking the river out behind 'les aubes')

Otherwise the triangle at the bottom of the rue de l'Aguillerie has several decent places to eat although the quality of both food and service can fluctuate during the tourist season in some of them. Grillardin is usually consistant.

That'll keep you busy!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever caught a bus between Paris CDG and Orly airports?’ is closed to new replies.