• This topic has 86 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by joat.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Anyone else planning for N+1 when all this has blown over?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stumpy Expert Carbon or Whyte G170c Works in the running for me.

Saving money by not commuting? Why not go and spend some of it at your LBS!

oddnumber
    Free Member

Me! Me!

Although I’ll probably continue to prevaricate until way after lockdown.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe.

OK, definitely.

Disc road bike.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ll certainly be buying a brand new XT groupset or two when this is all over.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Although I’ll probably continue to prevaricate until way after lockdown.

🤣

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When it’s over? just ordered a new Garmin!.

Tbh, I don’t ride the 2 bikes I have enough to justify a third!.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tbh, I don’t ride the 2 bikes I have enough to justify a third!.

Are you new here?

thepurist

I was going N-1 actually (the horror!). I got a new roadie and was going to flog my old commuter, but not sure it’s worth it at the mo.

Alex

I test rode the new Deviate Highlander in Spain a month or so ago. I rather wished I hadn’t… I really don’t need any more bikes but I do feel it’s important to support small independent bike producers… that’s no.7 is my book of ‘why I need a new bike’ excuses 🙂

darkroomtim
    Free Member

Well for me…probably not ( as tempting as it is). I’m going to just enjoy what I have and try and move away from my constant “need” to acquire yet another bike.

ogden
    Free Member

Ebike! Ride as much as I can until the second wave of the virus hits!

rossburton
    Free Member

I was trying to N-1 two weeks ago so that I could justify having N=1 where N is a Cotic FlareMax. Now I’m just staring at builds and repeatedly searching eBay.

honourablegeorge

I’m torn between keeping all my spare bits for N+1ing a Solaris Max, or putting them on an old frame, and selling a full bike. It’s really only the latter that makes sense.

willard

I really can’t… My commuter (Merlin Malt2 with skinny tyres) is still 100% and my new job is not that far away, so I may end up either running or putting flats back on the bike.

I’d love a gravel/do it all, but the Malt2 does all that. Maybe I will make it 1x though and stick something like a 40 tooth on the front.

sandwicheater

Was tempted to treat myself for an upcoming significant birthday, couldn’t decide between a new Cotic Solaris or a road bike (Giant TCR/Spesh Tarmac).

Will see how the business is doing after the lock down is over. May have to tighten our belts for a while.

stevious

I’ve asked my LBS to price up a TT frame & groupset for me.

velocipede
    Free Member

100% yes!

Orange Stage 4 or 5 for me – need to decide which – I’d buy it now but I think the frustration of just looking at it will drive me mad – so will wait a bit!

Also could do with selling my Reilly stainless steel roadbike – my roadie days are over it seems – and maybe my Cannondale carbon 29er – but not the best of times for selling methinks!

tomhoward

I test rode the new Deviate Highlander in Spain a month or so ago. I rather wished I hadn’t… I really don’t need any more bikes but I do feel it’s important to support small independent bike producers…

Mines due in a few weeks 😁

sturdylad
    Free Member

I was about to N+ & -1 until this hit.
    Hopefully will be in a position to buy a new road bike but will need to sell one to make space.
    I hate selling bikes but really do I need a bike for every day of the week?
    Trek Madone SL7 is fave at the moment

thegeneralist
    Free Member

OP

Seen any good deals on the SpExpert?
    Missus got one when Evans was doing them for three grand. I just managed to avoid the temptation to buy one too

RustySpanner

I intend to buy lots and lots of Carradice stuff.

They’re only down the road and it might help.

If anyone is planning on new luggage, please keep them in mind.

mm93
    Free Member

I’ve wanted an ebike for a while as most of the people ( who are admittedly older than me) I ride with are on them and they look fun.
    I don’t need one yet as I am reasonably fit and do enjoy my normal bikes still, that’s why I haven’t allowed myself one yet. I’m now at the point where I’m thinking – life’s too short etc and think I’ll pull the trigger and get one when this storm passes. Providing I still have a job etc.

robj20
    Free Member

Yes, i have my heart set on a new Transition Scout, but i cant decide if a SC 5010 would be better all round bike? I really fancied a change from SC.

boomerlives
    Free Member

Solaris Max is the only thing on my list at the moment, but I can’t justify the spend with the end of days going on

joshvegas
    Free Member

Nope.

Totally the opposite. Enjoy what i have. Reduce what i don’t use.

Adjust my spending habits etc.

Not that I’m in any trouble but it wouldn’t take much.

bedmaker

I have this incoming, to my great surprise, on Monday!

I signed off on it and paid half just two days before the virus hit the news. Not great timing then….
    Turns out the factory had an extended CNY break and then business as usual. They had it ready last week and posted out yesterday. Just in time for lockdown fettling 🙂

Long, not slack, 29er bikepacking and general knocking about bike. Slidey drops with inserts for Rohloff, SS or 142×12. Space for a huuuge framebag as well as barnacles on the HT and seatstays for racks in a Trek 1120 stylee.
    Kinesis carbon fork ready to go on it, and it’s corrected for a 120 29er fork if I fancy.
    Amy at Waltly kindly threw in a bundle of facemasks for me, very thoughtful!

wait4me

I’ll re-order the Fairlight Secan that I had to cancel 😩. Even if by some miracle I’ve kept my job, can’t see me committing for some time until the smoke has cleared though.

matt_outandabout

I missed a daft deal on Kona Rove AL last month. I’ve a tourer itch to scratch, I’ll be looking.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I only got my new FlareMax recently.

So maybe 😂

fathomer

The hardtail will be going 29. I was set to buy some forks from Germany and the pound went to shit so I’m holding off for now.

Plus I can’t decide on frame. Needs to be somewhere between my reasonably old school Soul 275 and LLS FlareMAX and preferably steel.

akira

Awaiting wheels for the Shand Rizello disc sitting three feet away from me. Think they should be with me by the weekend. Then just got few choice upgrades in mind. Ultegra shifters and cassette to replace 105 and some Hope brakes. Although watching Dura Ace chainset on eBay…….

dirkpitt74

I keep knocking up ‘dream build’ spreadsheets every no and then.
    Was seriously tempted with the Bird Aeris 145 PSA yesterday though.

bedmaker

Is my pic visible to others, as it isn’t to me?

How does one post from flickr this week if not?

twrch
    Free Member

I’ve already swapped my cf road bike for an alu disc one, and appear to be on a hardtail-only kick. Therefore the only reasonable addition to my SolarisMAX and Switchback is a Cotic Soul…or maybe I could start saving for that enduro FS I will probably end up wanting.

marksnook
    Free Member

Put my rocketmax up for sale but can’t see it selling right now, hardtail itch is mega strong so i think that is where my money will end up

tuboflard

I dropped this in to conversation casually with my better half last night and got an immediate “yes”. Didn’t think cabin fever took hold that quickly.

Alex

Mines due in a few weeks

@tomhoward

Excellent. Did you test ride one? The demo was a medium but it didn’t feel that much ‘smaller’ than my L RipMo but I wanted to try a L as well. There’s one coming to Bristol but who knows when I’ll get to ride it.

amodicumofgnar

Was before as well something road ti type action from Sonder. Got a nice new cortex currently gathering laundry in the front room. Thought I’d be getting some good spring evening rides in. Bit too much road work to get to the main bridleways at the moment.

kayla1
    Free Member

Nope.

Totally the opposite. Enjoy what i have. Reduce what i don’t use.

Us too. Get your outgoings down as low as possible and you don’t need to work anywhere near as much as They would have you believe.

blitz

Planning on getting my Big Dog built. Bought the Frame when they came out with the initial discount and have picked up a few bits but hadn’t had much spare cash to put into it so it’s sat idle.

Just got a great deal though on 130mm 29 boost Reba’s from Alltricks (249 euro) so that has kicked off the next phase. Need some wheels next.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else planning for N+1 when all this has blown over?’ is closed to new replies.