• This topic has 86 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by joat.
Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Anyone else planning for N+1 when all this has blown over?
  • w00dster

Was going to be buying a Fairlight Strael, should have ordered it by now but in present climate now waiting until September.
    I also need new wheels for my summer road bike. Was looking at Zipp 404s to replace my Reynolds Strike, the Strike are great wheels but as I can’t remove tyres if I get a flat I’m in trouble. But Mrs W is very risk adverse so that’s out of the question as well.
    I’m self employed and even though Mrs W works we still need my income.
    Tempted to get Mrs W very drunk on Friday to help her agree with my new wheels….otherwise I’ll have a £4K bike sat in the garage un-rideable because of the damn wheels.

FOG

Well , I have jumped already and bought a Solaris Max. The idea was that it would be a low buck build, using stuff from spares box and other rarely ridden bikes. Needless to say that’s not happening . Lock down inspired internet browsing has lead to all kind of irrelevant upgrades. I can see this being a very expensive build before I can actually ride it very far.
    Global civilisation will have crumbled but I will have a nice bike to have in my cave.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Was about to go ahead with either a Whyte 909 or LEVO SL(haven’t decided on which yet) on CTW scheme before the crisis….

If I survive this without major pain (looking at substantial pay cut ATM) I will celebrate with one of the above….although the Ribble HT725 has crept into view….

tuboflard

The Cotic Factory Outlet email which landed this week hasn’t exactly helped. The Bfe is looking very tempting (please leave it for me…)

badgerbater
    Free Member

Got an itch for n+1 and was thinking, is the cycle to work scheme still valid at the moment? Apologies in advance if its already been mentioned! Not read rest of thread as yet…

BadlyWiredDog

I think I might do some, er, rationalisation. I’ve been thinking about a FlareMAX for ages, but always wondering if the seat-tube angle was going to be too slack for me. The Gen 3 version seems to have sorted that, so I no longer have that particular excuse.

Plan would be to run it with both b+ and 29er wheels depending on whims, but I might have to do some shifting of other stuff first.

Planning seems a bit of a foreign country at the moment. It feels like we’re all living day-to-day with a very limited event horizon – in my case the stone wall at he back of the house.

joat

Was thinking building a gravel bike with spares and a new frame but realised I only have enough spares for rim brakes, or flat bar discs. Then thought about a 1x shopping/commuter panniered not bothered where I lock it up bike either drops or flat. Not knowing how long this shit will last is not helping with motivation though.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else planning for N+1 when all this has blown over?’ is closed to new replies.