Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone else out last night?
  • carlos
    Free Member

Braved the usual Monday night ride, but changed the location. Supprisingly pleasant ride too. The wind had died down, it didn’t rain, wasn’t cold and there wasn’t that much standing water. We did tend to stay on the stoney’er (sp) paths and tracks avoiding the sure to be mud fest in the Forest.

Couple of pints in a toastie warm pub to finish, where we got a nice suprise, as one of the guys who couldn’t make it brought in a big box of canape’s his Mrs had made in her evening cooking class. 🙂

jedi

I went out after coaching yesterday. The top layer was slidy and fun! 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Yup – rained all the way round, lovely slidey mud everywhere and the wettest I’ve been for quite a long time.

Great fun!

orangefatlad
    Free Member

yep road round Fineshade woods in the dark, not raining and quite humid. Plenty of claret on the skins from the thorns down the cheeky trails. Very muddy but still grip there, good days! Oh plenty of wildlife, deer and foxes….

dthom3uk

I rode home from work as usual and had a blast.

The usual bridleways were turned into cascading streams and there wasn’t a dog walker or horse in sight. Great fun.

nickjb
    Free Member

The odd light shower but didn’t really feel it in the trees. On a man made trail so the surface was fine with the odd puddle. The only problem was the track home which had turned into a river and was over a foot deep in places. Managed to ride about a 1/4 of it, but it was impossible to see the bumps or deep bits.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes I was and it has to be said it was spectacular.
    Out at 5pm (unusual for me these days) up over the hills into Bere Forest (it’s a large wood really) back down the disused train line into Wickham & into Botley Woods. Through some spectacular singletrack and down my favourite River along the river bank and home.
    Sun was out melting into a creamy pinky orange sunset, warm and breezy, out of breath and stinging legs from overgrown brambles and nettles in some underused parts.

3hours of spinning, huffing and puffing on MrSchmancey.

neil853
    Free Member

Yep, but chose A 10K run instead…………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else out last night?’ is closed to new replies.