Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone done Roc D'azur.
  • rocco

Has anyone done Roc D’azur? Been asked if I fancy going this year and looks fun. Just wondered if anyone had done it and which events they did whilst there

techsmechs
    Free Member

Yes – think this year is my 10th.

The 58/55/53km Sunday is the ‘big’ one but all courses are pretty good. I usually do a 40km on the Friday to open the legs then ride the Sunday.

My number one race of the year – sunshine in October, plus beachside beers. Ace. You’ll see me there as usual…

kerv
    Free Member

Not done it for a few years now due to family commitments and lack of funds, but it’s great. Tough and hot! Definitely recommend it.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

I’d recommend it too. I really enjoyed the course and the atmosphere with that many riders and the whole event generally with the trade shows.

It must be so much better running the wider tyres we do now and doing so tubeless. Back when I rode it I had 3 snakebites on 1.95″ tyres pumped to 40psi, which was the norm pre-tubeless, although the Frenchies were keen on their Hutchinson big volume low knob tyres even back then.

rocco

Sounds good. Decided on the big ride on Sunday and will probably look at a ride on the Friday whilst having a day off on Saturday and having a browse at the expo etc. Off to book some flights!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done Roc D'azur.’ is closed to new replies.