Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone do decent waterproof shorts under £50 these days?
  • IA

Just killed my 3/4 drylines, what are my options?

Ideally 3/4s, as I’m a right lanky git, and most “shorts” would be like hotpants on me, and I’m not into that scene.

wwaswas

cut down ex military dpm goretex overtrousers were de rigeur last year.

You cna adjust the hem to give you the required level of hot pantsness then.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Pretty sure I paid less than £50 for my altura attacks and they work ok

chives
    Free Member

+1 for altura attacks. I have the 3/4’s and they’re just the job. A bit rustly if you get my meaning, but definitely waterproof.

cheers_drive

-1 for the attacks, after they were returned twice when the poper broke on the first ride they were good for about 5 rides. Then they just wore through the outer layer, not helped by the Afan grit I’m sure but I want something that lasts londer than that.

mustard
    Free Member

I got the Scott shorts that Evans were flogging cheap, but seconds after I had put in teh order a friend told me her husband had got some for Kielder 100 and they didn’t make it to teh finish line intact…
    So far they’re doing well commuting on t road 🙄

crispedwheel
    Free Member

-2 for Altura Attacks. Rubbish design, first pair had to be returned after 3 1/2 months after wearing through the seams. I’m eking out the warranty replacement pair but they’re going the exact same way.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The Altura Semi-Drys are OK – although with bib shorts they do slip down – seem OK ATM

SimonR

They might look a littlt bit ‘shell suit’ from the front but I like the Endura Superlite shorts. Long-ish cut that doesn’t seem to bunch too much. Got two pairs on the go that have managed to stay waterproof through 2 winters – we’ll see if they last a third.

Northwind

£40 for Altura Attacks, bargain… Just bought a second set- the first is a year old and have been used pretty constantly, and had some proper crashes as well- they have a wee tear in them from a crash at fort william but otherwise good as new.

No idea why people are having problems with them, but I couldn’t be more pleased.

beargotsoul

Currently using the Scott Paclite shorts from Evans, working fine so far.

Also have some DHB event ones, but not got on with them as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

No idea why people are having problems with them

Like some other brands of waterproof shorts, they come apart at the seam on the bum.

This happens quicker if you have a saddle with raised stitching on I expect.

Still the best pair I’ve had, but ideally I’d like a pair with no seam running horizontally across the rear.

Lootenant
    Free Member

No idea why people are having problems with them, but I couldn’t be more pleased.

Because mine aren’t waterproof and never have been and, as above, the stitching on the bum panel is coming apart.

If you consider them to be water repellent then they’re fine.

Oh, and despite having the waist as tight on me as I can get it they still slip down.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Also had two pairs of Attacks fail. Wish they would just make the arse out of tougher non laminated material, it won’t make any difference when you’re sitting down.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

No idea why people are having problems with them

Like some other brands of waterproof shorts, they come apart at the seam on the bum.

This happens quicker if you have a saddle with raised stitching on I expect.

… ideally I’d like a pair with no seam running horizontally across the rear.

This, essentially.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

bought a set of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260826073180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

18 quid, cut isnt great for cycling but still did the job

Garry_Lager

The aris wears out on attacks. This is known. Great set of kecks if they could just toughen the backside.

Army cutdowns aren’t great either, IME. Drawstring waist is poor and they slip down when MTBing (Ok for commuting). Might work with braces if you don’t mind that.

joolsburger
    Free Member

My army cut downs split down the arse very quickly three rides or so so I’m not impressed.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone do decent waterproof shorts under £50 these days?’ is closed to new replies.