Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone clued up on Fridge Freezers ? Freezer only at minus 4
  • Woodentop
    Free Member

Got a Beko fridge / freezer (5 year old), not sure if it just started to play up or if the mrs left the door open, but things started to defrost. She knocked it off for a few mins then back on, now it only gets to about minus 4, so something seems to a miss.
    Does it sound like a common fault ? Repairable ? What to look for / check ?

Cheers

Gnnr

I had exactly the same problem just last week! Posh Miele frost free, self defrosting freezer etc. Suddenly wouldn’t hold a temperature less than -4.

I called a refrigeration engineer I know who mainly works on big hospital kit. He said to turn the whole thing off for at least 12hrs… It worked, slowly but surely regained its temp and seems fixed. My mate reckons that even frost free freezers need defrosted occasionally. I also cleaned the fluff at the back to help it recover.

Hope this helps you too.

Cheers Gnnr

jp-t853

Sometimes the fan freezes up. Full defrost may work but it can take longer for the fan ice to melt than the fridge cavity

Woodentop
    Free Member

Came to have a look at it this afternoon and it was back to around minus 18, so looks like its sorted itself out.
    I’m starting to think that it was due to the mrs leaving the door open.

Cheers for your help.

spooky_b329

Let say you left the door open, so you took out some half defrosted meat and stuck it in the fridge to use up.

Half defrosted meat keeps fridge nice and cold, thermostat is happy, fridge doesn’t need to run. But the freezer is still warm as most don’t have their own thermostat.

So only when the fridge warms up and triggers the thermostat does everything start cooling down again. Its the same problem with having fridge freezers in garages during winter, outside is similar temperature to the fridge so it never turns on, freezer defrosts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone clued up on Fridge Freezers ? Freezer only at minus 4’ is closed to new replies.