Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Anyone bought themselves a new bike with their xmas bonus……..;o)
  • ton

if so what did you get….. 8)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I couldn't bring myself to ride an Apollo, so no.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What I didnt get is a christmas bonus

MountainMutant
    Free Member

had a go on the office bike 😉

ton

😯 😀

myheadsashed

an imaginary bike would the be? 😥

carlphillips
    Free Member

whats a bonus??

prettygreenparrot

Yes, what is this 'xmas bonus' stuff?

Trimix
    Free Member

My bonus is having a job in the first place, so I shall be riding the bike I bought five years ago.

warton
    Free Member

I cashed in my shares, and with christmas money have about 800 quid. thinking about a deposit on a scott scale, or a Cube

snakebite
    Free Member

Genesis Alptitude pick it up tomorrow-cant wait! new bikes are fast.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Built up my Jones today = I'm still grinning 😀

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Whyte 901 for me. getting it in Jan all being well….can't wait!

firestarter
    Free Member

christmas fookin bonus ?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

not a bike but new XTR dual control brake /shifters
    ec90 carbon bar
    Thomson stem
    Charge spoon

Happy Christmas to me 🙂

trinity1
    Free Member

my bonus was redundancy so i can see my fleet dwindling

DezB
    Free Member

I could but the wife won't let me 🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nope but I did buy a new Hydrapak, a Blackburn pump and a set of clear lenses for my Giro glasses.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I treated myself to a Genesis io as an early present. The first ride was a bit of a shock to the system, but each subsequent one has been a joy!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I miss my iO.

stumpy01

Wahoo!! I didn't get a bonus, but am using some left over redundancy money from last yr to put towards a 2010 Stumpjumper FSR Elite.
    It'll be ready to pick up from about the 10th Jan.

To go with it, I'm probably gonna get myself a hardtail frame that'll suit my Reba Team forks & swap all the bits off the old Stumpjumper onto the frame. Probably going to get a slot dropout Inbred.

The icing on the cake is that I should be getting my insurance excess back after the woman who crashed into me's insurance company have finally backed down and agreed to pay in full. So that'll be £250 going towards it.

EDIT – sorry, went into smug git mode there for a moment. I am quite grinny when I think about the new bike though, it has to be said!!

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I don't get an xmas bonus, however the missus is getting some 'relocation expenses' in january…chance of her letting me have some for a bike are pretty much zero I would think though. 🙁

What do we need a fridge/freezer, washing machine or hoover for! 😉

Mistral
    Free Member

2010 Cove Hummer Frame.

Merry Christmas Me

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

What's a Christmas Bonus?

I have got a Blue Pig frame sitting under the tree and boxes of shiney bits in teh garage waiting for me though 😀

goldenwonder
    Free Member

No Bonus, but did get my new Giant TCR Advanced 3 this morning! Present to myself care of Uncle Visa 😀

Slacks
    Free Member

No Bonus. I used the overtime that came in to buy myself a SC Superlight frame. I'm building it up today.

Just came on-line to work out what to do with the cable routes. More tea and I'm back to it.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

christmas bonus?! christmas bonus?!….do they still exist?

PePPeR

Yay we got a christmas bonus this year too, but its not big enough to buy a bike with. (well perhaps a Tesco special)

hora
    Free Member

Save it fo a rainy day. Well I would.

13thfloormonk

No bonus here (I always seem to join companies just after their particular 'boom period' and hear stories of bonuses past… 🙁 ).

However have just signed up for a second bike to work, so will be picking up one of these

then knicking all the ultegra parts off last year's BTW, putting them on the Cannondale, punting the old one with the Cannondale kit on it and using that money to buy one of these

before getting dumped for breaching the unspoken limit of three bikes in the flat…

Who needs bonuses when you can be this inventive with BTW? 😀

ampthill

I assume the title is provactive

what bonus

new pads and cables today!

GJP
    Free Member

Bought myself 6 new inner tubes today and even those had to go on the credit card. So no – no new bike for me this Christmas!

binners

I got some well timed share dividends through. I could have been sensible, but instead Treated myself to an Intense 5.5. Its **** ace!!!!!

ho ho ho indeed! 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

No Xmas bonus as such, but come January will have whole years worth of 'on call' money coming (we can choose to either have it in monthly pay or as an annual lump sum) 😀

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Being an nurse I don’t get a bonus, but when I opened my pay slip this morning I did notice that I had been paid £38 for “proffessional Fees” – so come April when I have to renew Nursing & Midwifery counsel registration (without which I can’t practice) I only have to find the other half great – mery bloody christmas

bonesetter
    Free Member

No fookin bonus here – self employed

Also, wouldn't know what to get…

Oh, perhaps a custom curvy Black Sheep 29er, front suspension, XC set-up. But that would probably take half a year to finalise…

NonStopNun
    Free Member

Working for the NHS no xmas bonus for me but if im not given my notice in januray the good news is the hospital are going to do the bike to work for the first time 😀 so if they let us maintance workers join im hopeing to get a cx bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Not exactly, but I have treated my 16-month-old daughter to a s/h Charge Blender.

Well, I needed something with a clear seat tube for her baby seat and got it for a song on ebay.

LMT
    Free Member

Bonus?? just had to take a bloody paycut!! due to relocating closer to home, i get less pay! not happy, wasn't mentioned when i transfered!!!

ski
    Free Member

My bonus this year is being the only one in my household not to have the "Flu" at the moment

Do have £500 tucked away to buy a secondhand geared HT if one comes up in my size.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought themselves a new bike with their xmas bonus……..;o)’ is closed to new replies.