Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone been on Eurotunnel with an U16 lately?
  • 2tyred

Heading to France shortly and just discovered that U16s can’t get the NHS (Scotland) covid app to show vaccination status.

Eurotunnel are asking for it for everyone online – anyone been recently with one of their kids and know if they’re actually checking anything?

Seems so long ago, all that fretting about travel and PCR tests and suchlike.

Ewan
    Free Member

Looks like you can get the NHS covid pass online if you’re over 12: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/nhs-covid-pass/get-an-nhs-covid-pass/

Doesn’t need the app. This is sufficient to gain entry:

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/

matt_outandabout

We’ve just been on Plymouth – Santander ferry.
    The check in people took one look at our NHS Scotland app and said ‘those QR codes never work, through you go anyway’. Took no details, didn’t even look at the text information…and at Santander end, all they did was stamp passport. Not a single question about covid, or any check of the car etc.

falkirk-mark

I was speaking to a mate yesterday and she was getting her son a PCR done as they were going to France In motorhome and he is not vaccinated (13 YO) also I don’t know if eurotunnel or ferry.

squealer
    Free Member

My son came back yesterday from a school trip there.
    As he’s 12 he can’t have the nhs app so
    He had the covid pass on his phone downloaded from the nhs website and said no one asked to look at it going over or on the way back.

stevie750

phone up the call centre and ask for a printed copy

ads678

My son had it on his phone in April he’s 13. That was NHS England though.

2tyred

Cheers all, I suspect there’s not that much checking going on but Eurotunnel tend to be a bit more organised than ferry companies.

Wee man’s 14 and is vaccinated but the NHS Scotland app is 16+, didn’t realise that. There’s a separate logon for NHS Scotland

Mrs Tyred is planning to take him for a PCR just to be sure but that seems like a waste of £50 to me. Suspect she’ll consider it £50 well spent and will be able to sleep at night!

stevie750

the qr code on the printed copy is the same as what would be on the app. If you phone tomorrow you should have it next week

stevie750

an antigen test would be better, if that is allowed .

TheDTs
    Free Member

Didn’t check anyone at Easter. Two kids 12 and under.
    Eurotunnel twitter is handy for all tunnel info.

igm

As I recall Eurotunnel would accept scans / photos of the QR code letters (which I think NHS Scotland will do for you if you ask reasonably well, but not too well, in advance)

That was last summer though.

Starting from York it’s all been files produced by the app more recently, but I think you could still scan prints.

igm

Antigen is fine / was fine for France.

Dark-Side

We travelled on Saturday, I took a photo of my 13 year old’s vaccine card and uploaded that. Got us through fine.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Travelling with a nine year old in July. From what I can read from the Eurotunnel site, it looks like none if this applies to under 12s. Is that correct?

Dark-Side

Correct. We also travelled with our 9 year old and there were no requirements for her.

Superficial
    Free Member

Mrs Tyred is planning to take him for a PCR just to be sure but that seems like a waste of £50 to me. Suspect she’ll consider it £50 well spent and will be able to sleep at night!

Had a friend moan that he spent £80 on a PCR for his 12yo* daughter to go to France at half term, and no one ever checked it. But you’d be ballsy to go without it.

Your situation is different though as presumably you can produce a vaccine card if anyone quibbles? If so I’d take the risk.

*I think that’s how old she is. The ‘wrong’ age where there’s a difference between UK vaccine policy and French vaccine requirements, anyway.

giant_scum
    Free Member

I have a couple of the LFT tests that you had to buy for travelling abroad.
    Ordered just before the rules changed, cancelled them, money refunded and they were still delivered.
    If you are in Central Scotland you are welcome to have them!

2tyred

Think we’re good now – there’s just a bit of a gap if you’re aged between 12 and 16, vaccinated and live in Scotland, as you can’t use the NHS app.

Called the NHS Covid hotline, after a bit of verification and trying to remember dates and vaccine types, they registered him on the system (pretty sure people aged 16+ were automatically enrolled and issued with a user ID by letter), gave us his user ID which let us complete the registration and download the certificate PDF, which I’ve now uploaded to Eurotunnel.

Pretty much guaranteed now that nobody will check anything, but I’ll report back.

Cheers all for the info and kind offers!

earl_brutus
    Free Member

they were checking everyone’s Covid pass on the Eurostar to Disneyland on Monday – massive queue in Pancras station took 1h30 to get through security and had 5 mins to spare before the train departed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.