Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Anybody used The Bike School at Cannock Chase?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Thinking about going to see these guys later in the year, they are a good price and pretty close to me. Just wondering if they are any good.

http://www.thebikeschool.net/

snakebite
    Free Member

Adam and Harry are both good guys, Adam is particularly good on a bike! Harry needs a haircut though to be fair.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Bump for anybody who may or may not agree with sb about Harrys hair.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im going to give up after this bump

postierich
    Free Member

Done a 2hr skills session with Harry and he was very good! even though we were pure xc riders and were adamant we were not going to drop our seatposts or deviate from our 2.0 tyres on the knarlyist that the Cannuck Mountains could throw @ us.

Rich

snakebite
    Free Member

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I’m gonna book a session with them in the spring…that’s not much help to you now, I know. I recommend you book a 1-2-1 session if you can afford it (£20ph) because unless your at a very basic level, you’ll get a lot more out of the course if it’s geared specifically at your needs. Although the initial outlay may be slightly higher you’ll get more tutor time, so it’s actually better value.

iain1775
    Free Member

Go see Jedi instead 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

I was thinking about the 121 to be honest cant say fairer that £100 for 5 hours.

Jedi was my first choice to be honest but at £80 more and 2 hours further travel each way, the bike school looks rather appealing.

I’m pretty sure what parts of my riding need working on and from the website it looks like these guys can do it. Well apart from making me skinny and fit.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I thought Jedi would come to where you ride to train you…? I might be up for some skills training.

xiphon
    Free Member

@passtherizla

Jedi has his own playground for skills teaching – ‘Hertshore’

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ah… I still fancy a bit of skills training from either. Jedi has my dream bike though so If I go to him, he might let me have a go.. 😉

Ringo
    Free Member

Andy save your money and go to Jedi, trust me it will be well worth the money

Ringo
    Free Member

If you go to jedi on a day I can go ill drive down with ya

passtherizla
    Free Member

You midlands based too?

Ringo
    Free Member

Yes 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Now thats looking more appealing. Not got much holiday left at work so will have to consider it more carefully unless he and you can do a weekend.

It wont be until later in the year I’m going to try to get my parents to pay for it for my 30th in May.

Oh and Ringo it looks like me and pastherizla are going for a ride next tuesday evening. Do you fancy it?

Andy, Ringo is a fair bit fitter than me and its always a struggle trying to keep up with him. Although he is a girl on the downs so I can see why he wants to go to see Jedi 😆

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’d be up for setting a date later in the year and then saving up, I’m 32 in April so then might be a good idea get the wife to pay for my Birthday.

I’m not fit, I smoke and like cakes… Ringo is not allowed to play! 😉

You’ll have to excuse the overbikedness of me too… my park bike is in scotland, I left it for my dad to have a play about with.

Ringo
    Free Member

Well unlike Andy I don’t feel the need for 6″ travel in the park 😉 can’t do Tuesday missus is at college and i got kids , found some new bits in park nice jump and berms

Ringo
    Free Member

No worries rizla, I just give up the tags for the 2nd time in 3 yrs oh and I like a drink 🙂 you based in brum then ?

I_Ache
    Free Member

There is always need for 6″ of travel, I used to tow the kids trailer with my Enduro!

As you can tell John is well used to riding with people overbiked. It has taken me a while to get used to riding with somebody who has clown wheels tho.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh and as an idea if the three of us could find a date that agreed we could all go down together and it would only be £100 each.

passtherizla
    Free Member

My name is Andy too.. I have 6″ too.. ha ha 😉

kinda666
    Free Member

Can’t you teach him to be a rad gnar dude gingo?

Ringo
    Free Member

🙂 couldn’t afford me kinda

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’m already a rad gnar dude… just not on a mountain bike.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ringo has done all he can to try and get me to actually pedal up the hills. It seems to be working.

jamj1974

Hi Ringo,

Sorry to be nosey but I am based in Brum too and always looking for something new to ride – so wondering which park you have found the” nice jump and berms” in?

J

I_Ache
    Free Member

That will be Sutton Park mate.

Oh and John where are they?

passtherizla
    Free Member

I bet there the ones through the holly bush that ends by the lake with the bench on a little raised section… the one I was rambling on to you about.

Also if you’re ever up great barr way there are som jumps and singletrack in teh woods next to the big Asda and where the princess margarets was/is (think there is a new housing devleopment there)

jamj1974

Thanks Passtherizla!

J

I_Ache
    Free Member

Which lake was that again Andy?

I remember years back there were some decent jumps in the little bit of woods next to asda we rode down there once a day too late, the council bulldozer was still there. 🙁

There are some jumps by the hardwick and there used to be some in Aldridge too. My problem is I have lost all confidence in doing any sort of double or tabletop. I need some practice, thats one of the main reasons for wanting to do some skills training.

EDIT: I think I know where you mean now with the hole in the holly and the bench. I didn’t know there were jumps there.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I think its either Keepers pool or Blackroot pool that it comes out by… pretty sure its keepers, previouslt thought it was Powells but I was getting my pools mixed up.

http://www.theaa.com/images/travel/maps/walks/Warks_Walks_Map16.gif

I’ve ridden the ones in aldridge, the ones in what is like a big bomb hole?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Keepers is the one that used to have a swimming pool and blackroot is the one by the rangers station powells is the one by boldmere with the saling club. I used to canoe there when I was in the sea scouts.

Yea the aldridge has got a few bomb holes IIRC it used to be a munitions store during the war.

Ringo
    Free Member

Them are old ones rizla, found some new ones and a couple of new trails too not far from the really rooty steps leading to train track

passtherizla
    Free Member

Defo keepers then… I mentioned the old lido before.

Sounds interesting Ringo 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

John do these come down from the ridge towards the road through the trees? I think I saw a video on facebook earlier.

ust searched for the link and saw you have already found it. That the one your talking about?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sutton-Park-Trails/249908811702887

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ll have a gander at that link when I get home…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its not very good, looks like kids run it. I only found it today but it could be handy and if enough of a variety of people upload vids and pics to it it could be quite handy for finding new trails.

Ringo
    Free Member

Sutton park is so small its pretty hard not to find stuff, walking dog there tomorrow gonna have a go at building something

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used The Bike School at Cannock Chase?’ is closed to new replies.