• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by desf.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anybody bought those Nuke Proof Ti Warhead bars yet?
  • toons
    Free Member

The ones Brant designed.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Not sure I could ride around with something called a “Nukeproof Warhead” on my bike. I like the way they look though (really).

richc
    Free Member

at £200 I doubt many people are going to risk it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Brant designed them richc. Sit in the corner and think about what you have said. :o)

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Looks like he already did

richc
    Free Member

true, but the sheep generally like his stuff because its cheap.

MSP

They are the ugliest handlebars I have ever seen, and I’m not sure that Ti is the most suitable material for handlebars, certainly see no advantage over carbon bars costing half the price.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

advantages? lifetime warrenty, presumably that covers crashing not just cracking?

I quite like the look of them, especialy from a functional point of view, nice big straight bit in the middle for lights/computer/GPS/etc, a nice compact bend, and long staight bits to fit whatever brake/shifter/grip combo you like. And i’m srue theyr strong enough as i’ve seen quite a few jump bikes with cut off junior MX bars.

But i’d have to be planning on snapping a lot of EA50’s to justify the price!

toons
    Free Member

I like them, just not for £200!

Plus they’re heavier than my carbon bars.

epicyclo

richc – Member
    true, but the sheep generally like his stuff because its cheap.

I can afford any bike I like (which is why I have too many) but I buy Brant’s designs because they work really well. Baaaaa….. 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I think I’ll be sticking to EA70s…

andywhit
    Free Member

Are they *really* nuke proof though ? Or is it just marketing ?

🙂

dooge
    Free Member

I like the look of them. They remind me of mini bmx bars and also of the old Xlite DHR-80 bars back when 3 inch risers and over the top designs were in fashion.

I personally wouldnt pay £200 for them, but I am a student/soon to be graduate so my Sunlines are better suited at less than a quarter of the price….

desf
    Free Member

Are they *really* nuke proof though?

That’s probably part of the new CEN tests.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anybody bought those Nuke Proof Ti Warhead bars yet?’ is closed to new replies.