Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any wood turners? I have wood ( Laburnum Bristol)
  • Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    IMG_1418 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]

Cut down this morning. At the moment it’s going to be split and stored for the wood burner, but I wondered if there a better home for it?
    john@leku.co.uk

globalti
    Free Member

A wood turner would probably appreciate it for the contrasting heart, as long as it’s not rotten but I’m wondering if those pieces are big enough to be worthwhile. We cut down a cherry a few years ago which was about a foot thick at its thinnest so we found a wood turning forum and advertised it free, for collection. Somebody in Orkney contacted us very fast and a couple of days later two Jocks turned up in a lorry and heaved it into the back. About six moths later we received a mystery parcel from Orkney containing a lovely bowl turned from our tree, in thanks!

nickhart
    Free Member

That looks lovely, where in the world are you? Anywhere near Sheffield?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Careful with handling laburnum and exposure to dust – every part of the tree including foliage and flowers is pretty toxic.

eskay

That looks lovely, where in the world are you? Anywhere near Sheffield?

I think the clue is in the title!

bigjim

Beautiful wood but I did once ask a wood turner if it was safe to eat from his laburnum bowls and he wasn’t sure! Shame to burn it though.

globalti
    Free Member

Why don’t you just post it on this forum?

http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/wood-turning-lathes-f6.html

You don’t even need to be a member to use the search facility, there are a few posts on there about laburnum.

Sheesh.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any wood turners? I have wood ( Laburnum Bristol)’ is closed to new replies.