Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any way of telling genuine Mulberry handbags on the web?
  • zippykona

Are ‘cheap’ones cheap for a reason?

alfabus
    Free Member

more to the point, do expensive ones cost that much for a reason?

richc
    Free Member

according to my missus yes ……… not 100% sure why, but that might be because I don’t get it.

Mind you, she does have a point that 99% of cyclists couldn’t tell the difference between a 200 quid pair of forks and a 800 quid pair of forks if it wasn’t for the logos. So I guess its kinda of the same thing, where people want certain brand, regardless of if they can tell the difference or not.

Nick

Nice bags, bought my wife one about 8 years ago from Selfridges and it still looks good now, cost almost as much as a 10 year old’s Christmas present, but it’s all relative.

darrell
    Free Member

go to the Mulberry website

My Missus reckons that the money you pay is very well worth it

but she would really seeing as i bought the last one for a pressie for her

lunge

They don’t really sell away from their own website and the shops you know. If it is not a well known name then it likely won’t be real.

Mrs Lunge has a couple of purses which seem to have aged very nicely compared to the cheaper ones she has. Plus she still uses them which is important as well.

jhw
    Free Member

My ex used to have at least 8 of these.

Ex.

And that was just the Mulberries, she had at least as many again of other designer brands.

I didn’t get it.

Six figure salary at age of 26, though. Gross.

zippykona

There’s a million Mulberry web sites. One of them seems genuine,telling you how to spot a fake and all that. Once you get to their FAQ section its obviously written by someone with a poor grasp of English. Till that point it all seemed kosher.

cheers_drive

Miss CD wants one for a morning present when we get married next year. I’m finding it hard to reconcile paying £700 for a leather bag and WTF is a wedding morning present anyway.

lunge

Unsuprisingly, Mulberry.com is the official site, I would be wary about venturing too far from there.

richc
    Free Member

this can reduce the pain, but you will have to drive there.

http://www.mulberryfactoryshop.com/

clubber
    Free Member

If it’s cheaper to any significant extent than the RRP then it’s a fake is a good rule of thumb for this sort of thing. IIRC many brands like this that have limited resellers will list the valid ones on their own website.

joolsburger
    Free Member

You pretty much have to go to the shop or Mulberry.com or you are almost certain to be buying a fake. Are they worth it, no but if you asked my wife then yes they are. On the plus side they do seem to last.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I bought a copy from a very smart shop in Turkey a few years ago. They had gone to the trouble of making it out of identical components and the best quality leather, so it still cost about £150….they wouldn’t haggle!

Three years on, it still looks like a genuine one.

Jerome
    Free Member

Yep few bags here from Turkey – made in same factory I am led to believe…

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe see if this reputable business sell them?

elliot100
    Free Member

Bought my manbag in Selfridges January sale, about 30% off.

titusrider
    Free Member

There are deffo fakes out there, My dad got stung buying one for mum that turned out to be fake (and not silly cheap!)

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If there’s no way of telling on the train or across an office desk, why not just buy the fake?

Unlike fake suspension components, nobody is going to die.

cynic-al
    Free Member

ex had 3 she got SH, one was a fake (told by Mulberry when she tried to get a clasp fixed under warranty), we couldn’t tell.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any way of telling genuine Mulberry handbags on the web?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM