Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any plasterers or painters on here? If so advice needed please!
  • fwb2006
    Free Member

All, in the process of having our new/old house skimmed. How long do I need to let it go 'off' for before decorating? It's just a simple pink finish skim. Got all the tradesmen lined up but only have 1 week between the plastering being done and the painters/decorators starting, is this enough time? I know you need to wait for it to go pale pink but is a week too soon? If so then the decorators can't start for another 3 weeks and I'm getting it in the neck from the missus. Help! Cheers as always. FWB

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You've obviously never witnessed a job where the plasterers, carpenters, decorators, and carpet layers, have all been working in the same room – to get it buttoned up for handover.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Plaster usually 2 weeks before you can paint/wallpaper.

donks
    Free Member

Never two weeks for over painting!! a few days and no more…maybe this is not as per the text book but we have done enough jobs like this and i have never had the paint bubble up as a result.

seanodav
    Free Member

As long as the plaster is dry you can paint it, a week should be fine this time of year!

leebaxter
    Free Member

after a few days at this time of year you can bang a watery mist coat on nae problem

bruneep

and I'm getting it in the neck from the missus.

why?

fwb2006
    Free Member

To get the place sorted. I too live in the deen and getting good tradesmen isn't easy!

bruneep

so you have the men lined up to do the work as she's still nae happy. 🙄

tell her to wise up, it'll be all over in a week or 2. Or she can do it her sel.

fwb2006
    Free Member

Aye, week or two, you should see what its been like for the last 2 months. It's been like camping. You had any kitchens done by any firms round here?.

bruneep

Just my mate who is a joiner 😉

Got Kitchen from Howdens, email if you want his no.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any plasterers or painters on here? If so advice needed please!’ is closed to new replies.