Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any one bought a car from Autoquake?
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

What was the experience and the after-sales like? Prices seem very reasonable….

-m-
    Free Member

I haven’t, but have been looking at them recently.

They’re not a ‘dealer’ in the conventional sense, but resell ex-fleet cars. My understanding is that you view (by appointment)/buy the car at one of a number of locations that are little more than car parks with a Portakabin.

There are a lot of complaints on-line about the lack of dealer facilities, but I suspect these people are missing the point…

It’s perhaps closer in concept (and price) to buying from auction, with the benefit of the basic statutory consumer rights of buying from a ‘dealer’. If you go in with your eyes open as to what actually happens, and are happy buying in that way, then it could be a reasonable way to source a car.

Note also that the price of their cars falls over time if nobody buys them.

I think someone has commented on here before about buying from them – hopefully they can add some real-world perspective (EDIT: Previous thread about this)

Legoman
    Free Member

Yep, had a couple of good experiences with them & you can’t beat their prices

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cars-autoquake-any-one-bought-from-them

uplink
    Free Member

I bough a car for the missus 2 weeks ago from them, the amount of cars they had in their Leeds warehouse is staggering,
    I drove it away within an hour of turning up to see it
    None of them have any tax on them so you need to go to the PO to sort it – only half a mile away so you can either walk it or chance it.

All a bit ‘different’ to car dealers etc. but I got a good deal

You have 7 days to take it back for a refund if it doesn’t work out, mine had a problem with the air con not blowing cold so I rang them & they had me take it for repair the next day, can’t fault them TBH
    I’d factor in the cost of having it main dealer serviced in the first few days to see if anything major turns up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any one bought a car from Autoquake?’ is closed to new replies.