Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any night biking going on in West Cumbria?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

I'm going to be based in West Cumbria for a few months – are there any clubs or groups in the area (Whitehaven/Cockermouth/Workington etc) that go night riding?

(maybe not this week, with the weather eh, though 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Keswick Mountain Bikes do regular rides, not a million miles away depending on where you are exactly.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

don't forget your waterwings…

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Keswick might not be too far but maybe not while the weather is blasting down

karnali
    Free Member

mtbtomo where are you based?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Near Whitehaven at the moment

XC_PK
    Free Member

MTBtomo Im going up to Hartsop (near Ambleside) over Xmas if you get that far over…. I could possibly meet you at Keswick to do the Altura Trail (?) if your free.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thanks PK, but I'm hoping I'll be 'home' over Christmas

Though, I'd forgotten about Whinlatter…does anyone know what are the conditions like at the moment?

Andy_K

Me and a few friends do fairly frequent tuesday nights plus the odd weekend day in west cumbria. Dent and area near egremont is our local spot, plus runs out to whinlatter, muncaster/eskdale and keswick. Are you doing sellafield related stuff?
    Whinlatter usually holds up quite well, but there has been a lot of rain! Plus evening traffic is bad at the moment with all the closed bridges.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, it is Sellafield stuff – I might leave it a week or two for the bridges and rain to calm down a bit hopefully and then get in touch about joining you guys on a Tuesday night if that's alright Andy?

Andy_K

Yep, it's just the usuall weekend warrior stuff, nothing hardcore! Our group varies quite a bit depending on the weather and season.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any night biking going on in West Cumbria?’ is closed to new replies.