Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Maria McKee/Lone Justice fans in da house?
  • MrSparkle

There’s some good stuff on Spotify, particularly Maria McKee on her own. Some live stuff I wasn’t aware of. Went to see her at Manchester International many years ago and she was fantastic.

JulianA
    Free Member

Oh yes! I think she / they are fantastic.

Must Google to see if there is any chance of a tour!

MrSparkle

Had a bit of a look meself yesterday. Doesn’t look like she’s done owt since ’06.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve got their first album on vinyl.

CountZero

The last thing Maria did was a gay pride event in Ireland about eighteen months ago. Her main ‘site hasn’t been updated for some time, and her Myspace page isn’t showing much activity either. She has been involved in writing a stage production for some time, so perhaps she’s got wrapped up with that, there have been long periods of inactivity from Ms McKee, and she can be very grumpy live, although the last couple of times I saw her in Bristol she was on sparkling form, and just delightful when I met her afterwards. She even signed my copy of Show Me Heaven, which I thought she hated, which turned out to be untrue. She’s been a long-standing favourite of mine from the first Lone Justice album, and I s’pose I’v seen her seven or eight times. Fabulous voice, and a brilliant songwriter to boot. Life Is Sweet is probably my all time favourite album of hers. I’m keeping a watch for any news, but not exactly holding my breath!

sq225917
    Free Member

After ‘soap, soup and salvation’ it was all pretty poor…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Maria McKee/Lone Justice fans in da house?’ is closed to new replies.