Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any good heart rate monitors that still work with Strava?
  • Matt24k
    Free Member

I am looking for a standalone HRM that will work with Strava. I understand that Strava had a bit of a downgrade that stopped Bluetooth and ANT+ units linking.

yetidave
    Free Member

I use one of these through attached to my Lezyne GPS. Still find on strava.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HHZQ85Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

a11y

Not directly, but I record rides using the Polar Beat app which automatically uploads (including HR data) into Strava. Works with any Bluetooth HRM – I’m using a CooSpo chest strap ~£25. I use the Polar app because it also feeds my Vitality, which doesn’t recognise Strava.

I wasn’t aware Strava no longer did that?

BigJohn

I asked a similar question a few days ago and was told by v8ninety to get a Wahoo Tickr strap and use the Wahoo app which can “upload to Strava with just one click”. On the strength of that I bought a Tickr from CRC which should arrive tomorrow. I’ll feed back with results with ease of use with my Moto G6 on Android.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Thanks for replies. I look forward to your update BigJohn.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I use a Garmin hr watch linked to Garmin GPS.

Gets everything into Strava

white101

I have a Wahoo tickr which I got with the bundle option early last year. Works well with the Wahoo app and uploads to Strava no problem. In fact I’d say having the tickr made me go to the hospital about some wild high HR’s that I was getting, I’d always just put down to lack of fitness poor warm up. Turns out was angina.
    Had my first ride yesterday since late July, flat old railway line felt great and bonus the dog seems to be a bit of a trail hound!

thejesmonddingo

If you get a bluetooth or ant+ strap,and use wahoo,you can pair the wahoo so that the data is automatically uploaded to Strava,no need for new gear,although I preferred the Strava interface to the Wahoo.

thejesmonddingo

Wahoo has a guide on the site about pairing with Strava.

BigJohn

This is a completely uneducated take on my first ride with a Wahoo Tickr. I’d previously installed Wahoo on the phone and had OK’d its suggestion to pair with Strava.
    Not having bothered to read anything, I put the monitor on my chest and started Wahoo on my phone. It paired up straight away so I started Strava and set off. Halfway up the first hill I thought I’d check the progress and saw that I hadn’t managed to start the Wahoo recording. So I deleted the Strava record, started the Wahoo, started Strava and carried on.
    When I got back to the van I ended both Wahoo and Strava. I’ve now got 2 records of the ride on Strava, one has second by second recording of the heart rate, the other doesn’t. The 2 records vary very slightly, but nothing to worry about. On the PC neither have that analysis but they both show my max and average.
    I’m guessing that in future I don’t need to start Strava and I’ll check that out next ride.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any good heart rate monitors that still work with Strava?’ is closed to new replies.