Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any direct mount narrow wide chainrings fit Middleburn cranks?
  • wynne
    Free Member

Anyone know of anything in narrow wide flavour that will mount onto my MB cranks like an UNO chainring?
    Thanks

Rich

reggiegasket
    Free Member

these guys do a Sram XX one but I suspect the mounting is different to MB

http://absoluteblack.cc/sram-spiderless.html

they might rustle you up one though (for a fat wad…)

somafunk

Last time i spoke to Matthew at Middleburn he said they are looking into it but at the moment Sram are jumping on anyone with their thick/thin ring patent so they’re waiting to see if the legal side pans out before bringing them to market, i guesss if you work for middleburn or know someone that does then i suspect you could get a ring but they’re not available for commercial sale….yet.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Middleburn a few years behind the pack… fancy that.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I do keep looking at the old 1/8th one i have in the workshop and thinking about taking a dremel to it.

Wolf Tooth where talking about making one at one point, not on their site though 🙁

mattbee

Chap from Middleburn said to me at Big Bike Bash that they were looking at it but it would be for the newer x type rather than the RS7/8.

wynne
    Free Member

Thanks for the information. Didn’t think there was an obvious answer just yet – been using the Race Face and Works Components narrow wide rings on 104 bcd spider for six months over some very rocky stuff and not a single dropped chain. I’d really love it if MB could get an Uno style ring sorted, though I know SRAM are getting a bit heavy with small companies.

somafunk

Yeah tiz a shame but i’m sure they will bring it out at some point, i’m running the Works components thick/thin on my Middleburn RS8’s and it works a treat but it’s be nice to do away with the spider and have it mount direct on the crank arm ala UNO.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any direct mount narrow wide chainrings fit Middleburn cranks?’ is closed to new replies.