• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Creg.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any cameras in the sales?
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’m looking for a dslr, probably nikon

Anyone know of any sales on?

I’ve had a look online but not found any decent discounts

mrsfry
    Free Member

Half or full frame?
    Do you have any kit or starting fresh?
    Nikon uses orphaned blind kittens to make all their gear

metalheart
    Free Member

There’s £150 off the D750 atm. Not exactly a bargain mind you…

metalheart
    Free Member

Nikon uses orphaned blind kittens to make all their gear

Well, what else are you going to do with them? At least they’re productive members of society now.

Actually a video of blind orphan kittens making cameras would be pretty cool!

AD

Amazon are doing a £50 cash back on certain Nikon’s at moment (although the fact I have mentioned Amazon on STW has probably cost more kitten lives…)

tuffty
    Free Member

I got a D3300 with £20 cashback before Christmas. Cracking camera easily good enough for what I want

tuffty
    Free Member

Beware if buying from Amazon, they may not qualify for cashback. Read this when applying for mine. I used my local camera shop as I have principles 🙂

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Got a canon 100d body for sale if wanted. Fully boxed £60. Then a cheap 18-55 or 50mm f/1.8 of amazon. Just replaced it with a 100d

mrsfry
    Free Member

You can get cashback on Amazon, but only with the same selected stuff as in the shops or choosen by the Nikon/Canon

jb72
    Free Member

Lots of people will have got ‘upgrades’ at Christmas … I’d be looking on ebay over the next few weeks.

jools182
    Free Member

I saw something on a site called E-Infinity

I’m guessing it must be Hong Kong based as it’s £100 cheaper than anywhere else

metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah, if anywhere is significantly cheaper than the ‘street’ price (I usually go by whatever wex are selling at) chances are it is either a grey import or HK based. Spending camera price money I’m risk averse personally.

You can get Jessops to price match (uk stock only) and collect in store (if you’ve one nearby, pay on collection too). Gives you a ‘local’ place of return or warranty.

mboy
    Free Member

Double cashback on certain DSLR’s in Curry’s right now. Of note, the Canon EOS 700D is £458 with £100 cashback for a limited period.

Tempting… Very tempting!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Some Hong Kong shops are now doing collection on warranty. Looking at how many people seem to buy from there with no problems it is pretty tempting, especially if you pay by credit card.

Oh, and check camerapricebuster.

convert

I would recommend not saving money by going for a bargain on too old a model as dslrs have come on quite a bit in recent years. This summer I upgraded from a Nikon D80 to a D7200 – arguably similarly ranked models 7 or 8 years apart. I’ve been blown away by the vast improvement in low light performance between the two (specifically auto focus improvements and usable high iso settings). My old d80 would be great to learn on but in terms of usability (and the creativity it promotes) they are poles apart.

Creg

Just got my latest camera from Hong Kong. The three main dealers that seem to get the most positive feedback on Talk Photography forum are DigitalRev, HDEW and Panamoz. All sell grey imports with HDEW and Panamoz having Uk based shops/warehouses.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any cameras in the sales?’ is closed to new replies.