Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any alarm engineers on here?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

We have a Pyronix Euro 46 system fitted several years ago. It used to dial out to a system that would then forward text messages to our mobiles.

It seems this service has been cancelled but our alarm keeps trying to call it and running up a huge phone bill.

I can’t find a way to switch off this desire to dial out so I thought the next best thing is to disconnect the phone line. However, now I’ve done this, it’s telling me there’s a line fault. Anyone able to advise how to get beyond this?
    Cheers.

jamesoz

In another life I was. I’m assuming it sent a set/unset signal?. I don’t suppose you have the engineer code? It’ll need to have the line monitor disabled in the programming. The The Pyronix isn’t a panel I know, (too new unfortunately).

Onzadog
    Free Member

I do have an engineer code and while it does give access to more menus, it doesn’t seem to give me any programming options.

I have found some reference to a digi 1200 modem that I think is in there. If this does the line monitoring, then it looks like it needs a pc to program it.

jamesoz

You can probably power it down and unplug the Digicom, then power it back up again, like the old Menviers. I can ask the question of ex colleagues still in the trade.
    Not sure how available the engineer manual is for that panel to those outside the trade.

jamesoz
    stof41
    Free Member

If you have the engineers code you can go into the communications menu and disable the Digi.
    If you havent got the engineers code there is a way to back door the panel to get into engineering and do what you need to do.
    If you pm me ill send you the details on how to do it.

Chris

Onzadog
    Free Member

@jamesoz thank you. Busy day today so I’ll try and give that a go this evening. I do have a code for setting menus but I’m not sure it gives access to everything.

@stof41
    thank you. If I fail with the manual, I’ll DM you for a work around.

Cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.